7

I LOOKED up at Lord Benton, who came down the stairs with a couple men with him

"Oh shit." I said, backing up from Declan.

I don't think I had ever felt terrified for my life. But I was.

"Ah, you're scared now, Ms. Brown. You weren't scared when you killed twenty of my men!" He threw his glass at me, and it cut my hand.

"Leave her alone." Declan growled.

I still tried to untie him but two of Benton's men tied me to a chair near Declan. Benton slapped me across the face, making my lip bleed.

"I said, leave her alone!" Declan yelled this time.

"If she's of importance to you, I must do something about it," the stupid Brit said.

"You will think twice before touching me again, you filthy bitch." I spat in his face.

"She's a feisty one, isn't she? Torrii Brown. Declan, I didn't know your standards for a woman were so low. It's too bad she won't live to marry you."

"Stop it." I growled.

"It won't matter if she dies anyways. Her company is rubbish. Her brothers have been in debtors prison for not paying off a debt to a company in Montreal. One of them is in jail while the other is engaged to Mrs. Elizabeth Carruthers." Benton said.

This couldn't be true. I trust my brothers that they won't let the company burn to the ground. And I make sure all of our debts and loans are paid off. There is just too much going on. Declan is to be tortured and hanged. My brothers are in jail, and my company is corrupted as of right now. This cannot be happening. My head started to hurt from all of this. I then slowly realized that someone was hitting me. It was one of Benton's men who hit me across the face several times. I spit blood in his face and kicked him in the pelvis.

"Son of a bitch!" He yelled in pain.

Lord Benton took a couple steps towards me and I tried to get out of the chair. It was no use. I finally stood up in the chair and head butted him right in the face. He fell on the floor, cursing my name.

"You leave her alone!" Declan yelled at him.

"You best sit back down young lady. Or I will cut your limbs off." He said, getting up and rubbed his head.

I looked at Declan's bloody, face full of pain. He nodded at me and I sat back down. These ropes were really bothering me.

This wasn't particularly torture, but I mean, Lord Benton could do better. I've killed more of his men than Declan and his friends have. A couple hits later, and I was out.

~

I woke up and my face hurt like crazy. My head was ringing and my body hurt. Blood covered me. I was beaten pretty bad. But I didn't care. I was going to get Declan. He was gone, and so was Benton.