6

ALL I could think about was getting Declan out

ALL I could think about was getting Declan out. He could be getting tortured. I didn't care if I'd be caught, he had to be free.

As I'm walking towards the magazine, Grace the redhead stops me.

"Ya can't go in there, Torrii." She said.

"I don't take orders from you. I do what I want. Fuck off, prick." I replied, and pushed her away.

She began to argue with me and I'm completely ignoring her. But she's throwing off my focus.

I had taken a musket from a soldier when he wasn't looking. I was going to start a bloody massacre if I had to, if it meant getting Declan out.

"For the last time, Grace, I will shoot ya if you don't move!" I yelled.

My mistake. A British soldier who looked familiar came running towards the two of us. It was Chesterfield. The one who killed Cedric.

"Ah, I see. This is Torrii Brown. You were helping her." Captain Chesterfield said to Grace.

"No, I wasn't. I was stopping her. You can take her." She said and my eyes widen.

Hell no, I was not going down without a fight. Grace walked away, leaving me with Chesterfield.

Since we were far apart, I ran towards him and kicked him right in the face.

"You bitch. You will be hanged for killing British soldiers."

"You killed Cedric. I will have your head as decor in my office."

He lunged at me, and tackled me down. I flipped over, so I was on top and I gave him many punches. His face was bleeding immensely.

"Help! Help!" He yelled and I covered his mouth with one hand.

"I will cut your tongue out if I have to." I said, pulling out a knife. I stabbed him in the shoulder, and he screamed but it was muffled.

Tons of soldiers came running towards me and Chesterfield, and I got up. I knew I couldn't kill him now, but instead I grabbed a tree branch and hit him on the head with it.

He knocked out and I ran towards the magazine. It was too late, soldiers already were there; waiting to capture me.

I threw a knife at one of them, and it went into his neck. I kicked him out of the way. Nothing was stopping me get to Declan. At least that's how I felt.

"Get her!" British men yelled. And they did. They caught me just as I opened the door.

They all grabbed me and threw me inside the magazine. There he was, Declan. He was bleeding all over the floor and I ran towards him. I took a good look at the table near him, it was full of knives.

"Declan, oh my god. I'm going to get you out of here." I said, and took a chair to help him out of the ropes.

"T-thank you." Declan stuttered.

"We're going to be married soon, whether either of us likes it or not. It's my job to save you." I said.

The door opened, and there he was; Lord Benton.

"What do we have here?" He asked, taking a sip of his wine.

I wonder if he heard what I told Declan, but that's the least of my concerns now.