Day 4

Those who love you

Nandini had been busy trying to memorize the script for her role as a side character when Manik decided to join her.

They were working on the same movie. The only difference was that Manik was the main lead and she was the main lead's ex girlfriend.

"Your eyes might pop out if you continue to stare at these papers." Manik said as he sat beside her chair.

"Manik don't fool around with me on the set. People might think that we are close." Nandini said, her eyes stick to the script.

"Aren't we close then?" Manik asked, looking at her.

"I didn't mean that." Nandini paused and looked at him. "I mean people might think that I am using you to grab attention."

Manik sighed. "You care a lot about what others think. Nandini other people's perception doesn't matter."

"I know that but it still affects me." Nandini said, heaving a slow breath.

Manik held her hand, making her look at him. He gently traced her knuckles and just his mere touch was enough to give her the jittery feelings.

"Don't let others take away your smile Nandini. Your smile is way too precious. You never know someone might be craving to see your one smile."

"And that someone doesn't exists." Nandini said, sadly.

"What if I say I am craving to see you smile?" Manik held her hand firmly.

"I would say that would be a lie."

"What if I say I am not lying?" Manik looked in her eyes and so did she. She could see a shine in his eyes , the shine which she used to have.

She averted her gaze. "I wouldn't believe you." She surely was one hell of a stubborn girl.

"Why?"

"Because I don't want to."

"You don't believe me but you believe the words of those anti fans."

"It's not that I believe them but it's just that it affects me." Nandini said, looking at the paper.

"Why do you let them affect you?"

Nandini closed her eyes in frustration. A lump arose in her throat and she could feel her heart getting heavy.

"Because I can't help it." Her voice low.

"Those who criticise you aren't your true fans. They shouldn't matter." Manik held her hand firmly and caressed it gently. " Nandini there are a lot of people who love you. Just because of those handful haters you can't give up on life."

"Even today when you type my name on the internet, you can see the fake scandal news on the top." Nandini said, frustratedly. Tears formed in her eyes and she forcefully blocked them.

Manik sighed as he gently let go off her hand and took out his phone.

"Nandini look at this." Manik said, showing his phone screen.

Nandini looked at his phone screen, only to get shocked. It was a petition started by a fan to support her.

"More than 10,000 peoples have signed this petition to support you. They all believe in you. They all love you and want to see you shine." Manik said, looking at her and he could see fat tear drops rolling down her eyes.

He gently brushed her tears away and side hugged her. 

"Nandini there are a lot of people who love you and want to see you happy. You aren't alone." He gently patted her back as she let her tears flow.

"Even if you don't want to live, live for those who love you Nandini."

****
The beautiful cover credit goes to Nandinixxmanik