Day 10

It's you

"C'mon Nandini." Manik cheered for her. She looked at him for a brief moment, a smile constantly playing on her lips.

They had been standing on top of the same building where they had bumped into ten days before. Nandini looked down the building before taking out some papers from her bag.

Those papers were newspaper articles and few printed articles of her fake scandal that she had been keeping with herself since a long time back.

Nandini looked at those papers one last time before tearing them into pieces and throwing them down the building. "Today I officially let go off my past." Nandini smiled, looking at Manik.

"Promise?" Manik said, looking at her.

"Promise." Nandini said as she held his hand squeezed it a bit, assuring him.

"I can't believe that ten days ago, I was standing right here, attempting to commit suicide." Nandini heaved a slow breath. "I surely was acting like an idiot. If you hadn't been here that day I would probably have been dead till now."

"Hey don't say such things." Manik scolded her softly.

"Manik I got nine reasons to live but where is my tenth reason?" Nandini raised her head a bit and looked at him, with a sweet smile playing on her lips.

"Desperate, are you?" Manik said as he adjusted her muffler a bit. She smiled and came on her tiptoes. She took out his muffler gently, making him smile wider.

"Of course I am desparate."

Manik gently held her by her waist supporting her as she gently wrapped the muffler back again on his neck.

"But I guess you already know the reason." Manik said, biting his lower lips a bit, his eyes fixed to her and she could feel her cheeks getting heated up.

"I want to hear it from you." Nandini said softly, this time meeting his gaze.

Manik gently caressed her right cheek with his right hand while his left hand was still on her waist. "I can't let you die because-" He paused as he felt his heartbeat going wild. But he knew he couldn't hold it back any longer now."Because I love you." He breathed.

Nandini smiled as she softly pressed her lips against his lips.  It was just a soft peck and yet it evoked thousands of sparks within them. "I love you too Manik Malhotra."

The very next second he kissed her harder and she too kissed him back. They pulled over, grinning.

"So this is our first day together." Nandini said, softly. Her cheeks already heated up.

Manik grinned wider and pecked her lips. "It sure is."

"Reason number ten" Nandini said, looking at him. "It's you Manik Malhotra. You are the most important reason for me to live."

Manik smile grew wider. "I promise you Nandini till the stars shine and till the fireflies glow, I will always be there for you. You are my shining star."

"And I promise you, I will always shine for you." Nandini said as she hugged him tightly. "Thank you for being there for me."

"You don't need to thank me. I did all this for myself." Manik said. "You are someone who means the world to me and from now on you are officially mine."

"And so are you." Nandini said, hugging him tightly."I love you Manik Malhotra with all my heart, without any pauses, without any doubts. I love you."

"And I love you too."

****
If you haven't read my new story "Bad Girl's Boy". Do give it a read ❤.

The epilogue would be up very soon, maybe in a day or two, depends.