Day 9

Pizza

"It's my treat today." Nandini smiled as she settled herself on the chair. "I can't believe I got signed for their upcoming movie and you know what, the character I am portraying is of a cheerful and carefree girl with lots of hope."

Manik smiled looking at her. She was slowly getting back to her old self and that was all he had wanted. "The character is just like you."

Nandini tilted her head slightly and smiled. "Do you sincerely mean it?"

"Any doubts?" Manik too tilted his head slightly and looked at her.

Nandini giggled a bit and shook her head in 'no'.

"Ma'am your order please." The waiter arrived.

"Two chicken pizza and one sea mo:mo." Nandini placed her order, smilingly.

"Anything more ma'am?"

"Manik place your order." Nandini said.

"Was that only your order?"

"Yea."

Manik gasped but composed himself. "One cheeze pizza." He placed his order and the waiter left.

"Nandini can you eat all that."

"Of course I can. Any doubts?"

Manik chuckled and said,"How can I doubt you?"

Nandini giggled. "You should never too. You know I am fond of foods especially pizzas. I can eat pizza for breakfast, lunch and dinner, anytime. Pizza is love."

"You love pizzas so much, don't you?"

"Yup I do a lot. Oh I forgot to ask, do you love pizzas?"

"I do but not as much as you do." Manik smiled as he leaned on the chair, his eyes fixed on her.

She too looked at him with a constant smile playing on her lips. "It had been a while since I had come here. You know I love this place. It's less crowded, peaceful and the food here is simply love." She chirped. "Just think about it if we had been in some other place, we had to cover our face but it's not necessary here. We are totally safe."

"But what if someone recognizes us?"

"Then we will have to make a run, maybe." Nandini let out a soft laugh and Manik too joined her.

Finally their orders arrived. Nandini rubbed her hands together, already gushing over it. Manik shook his head slightly and laughed, looking at her.

He could see her getting back to her old self. He could see his hope coming true right in front of his eyes. "Manik why aren't you eating? Shall I eat yours too after finishing mine?" Nandini said with a slice of pizza in her hand.

Manik looked at her dumbfounded. "I was joking." Nandini laughed and he smiled.

"You look even more beautiful when you smile." Manik complimented and Nandini looked at him, her laugh died in her throat, hearing the compliment. She could feel her heart thumping faster.

Manik reached out his hand towards her and slightly patted her head. She gulped a huge amount of saliva, looking at him. He withdrew his hand after a few moment. Taking a slice of his pizza in his hand, he took a bite of it while Nandini sat there frozen.

"Nandini what happened?" Manik asked.

Nandini let out a deep breath which she unknowingly had been holding. "Nothing." Nandini averted her gaze and took a bite of her pizza.

She could still feel her heartbeat going wild and that moment she knew that she had fallen for him, head over heels in love with him.

"I can't believe there's only one day left." Manik said, softly, as he heaved a slow breath.

She slowly looked at him. "I didn't even remember about the deal since a few days." Nandini said. She smiled sadly. "I can't believe you bore with a depressing girl like me for nine days."

"You aren't depressing." Manik paused and looked directly into her. "I enjoyed every moment with you."

Nandini smiled and said softly. "I too did."

His smile grew wider. "I will never forget this days. In fact I didn't even realize when nine days passed by."

"Neither will I forget these days and those moments with you." Nandini added with a smile."By the way Mr Manik Malhotra two reasons are still left. What about them?"

"You are so desperate to hear them out, aren't you?"

"Of course I am." Nandini chirped.

Manik smiled and held her other hand which was on the table, making her heart shiver a bit. "Reason number nine Nandini." He paused."Pizzas."