Steven Gets Mad

Steven clutched my hand as we walked into his bedroom, it was messy today, his clothes laying all over the floor. Steven huffed as he fell onto his bed, pulling me down beside him.

I placed my hands over his cheeks and touched our heads together, his breath running over my skin.

'Tell me you love me Steven.'

'I love you y/n.'

Steven began running kisses down my neck, his fingertips tracing the path his lips made. I giggled as his brown eyes gazed at mine, his smile widening as I laughed. His eyes scanned my body, stopping on the bruises covering my arm.

'Y/n what happened?'

His voice wavered as he held my skin, awaiting my reply.

'Nothing Steven, you don't need to worry about it.'

'Yes, I do need to worry about it. Did someone do this to you?! I'll kill them y/n I swear!'

I grabbed Stevens hand, squeezing it to gain his attention. My eyes yearning for him to stay calm.

'It was just Kelso mucking around, he didn't mean anything by it, and he said sorry.'

Steven had stopped listening after he heard Kelso's name. He furred his brows at my skin, then looking to me, he whispered, 'I'll kill him.'

Before I could stop the love of life from storming out of the room, he kissed my forehead, his own way of telling me that I was stay here. That I was to wait for him to come back, whether I liked it or not.

I wanted to stop him, to grab him, to scream and cry, anything so he wouldn't beat up Kelso. But I knew it no hope, this isn't the first time Steven has gone to defend my honour. And I know it won't be the last.

...

My eyes fluttered as I woke up to Steven sitting beside me, his eyes were tired, and his lip was cut. I jumped up, rushing to stop the bleeding, I ripped off my shirt and held it to Steven's face.

As Stevens eyes were closed I cupped his jaw in my hand, placing my lips on his head. I sighed. Partly in relief that he was okay, and partly in sadness that he had gotten into another fight.

Leaning back I said, 'are you okay? I was so worried that you couldn't beat him this time.'

'It's okay y/n, Kelso could never beat me.'

I raised my voice in frustration, 'so why do you need to fight him all the time?! If you know he'll lose why bother!'

Stevens eyes opened, and his face turned red as he spoke, 'I do it for you y/n! I do it because I won't ever let anyone hurt you! Accident or not, I don't care, Kelso is an idiot and he hurt you, and it's not okay y/n. I can't bare to see you hurt and I never want you to be in pain.'

His voice cracked as he finished speaking, his eyes watering as he stared at me.

'I'm sorry Steven. I just-'

'I know. I'm sorry too.'

I grabbed his face and kissed him, our arms wrapping each other as if we were one. We laid down together, tired and hurt. I held Steven in my arms, feeling his heat against my chest whilst he fell asleep.

How much I love him, could never be explained in words.