Kisses and Dances

'I don't think you understand y/n, the government is out to get us. Trust me, you can't listen to that propaganda crap, only Led Zepplin.'

I laughed, curling Steven's hair around the rim of my finger. The Sinatra record continued to play, the basement quiet, with only the low hum flowing through the air.

Steven pulled me upward, wrapping his hands around my waist as he swayed. I nestled my head on his shoulder, listening to the slow beats of his heart as he held me. I liked his warmth, the heat folding into my skin as if it were the sunlight for my soul.

Steven placed soft kisses on my neck, his scent leaking into my body as he squeezed me. I had never realised it before, but Steven always smelt like home, like whenever I was with him, I was where I should be.

I began tracing my fingers over Steven's jawline, the roughness of his skin tingling my own. When I looked into his eyes, I saw that he was already gazing at mine, almost lost in our love as he stared. I grabbed his cheeks and pulled him downward, forcing my lips into his.

Steven pushed my legs around his waist, pressing himself into me as we kissed. Our bodies melted into one another, our breaths short and fierce as we stumbled onto the couch beside us.

Running his hands through my hair, Steven whispered, 'I love you y/n.'

A loud shriek ran through the room, 'Awe Steven loves y/n.'

It was Eric. My lover and I looked in shock at the entire crew standing open mouthed before us.

Donna sighed, 'oh my gosh get a room you guys.'

I looked to Steven, unsure what to do, but his face was already scrunched with frustration.

We hadn't kept our love a secret, but we did keep it private. We love each other so much, and didn't want to loose it amongst the frenzy of socialisation.

Steven grabbed my hand, and dragged me into his room. There we laid for the night, resting together, listening to the echoes of our friends as we fell asleep.