twenty four

"jungkook. jungkook?" kim waved her hand in front of jungkook's face since he was zooming out.

"y-yes? sorry i didn't hear you." jungkook bit his lip apologetically.

"you've been spacing out a lot lately, you know— since that new student came. what's wrong?" she curiously asked.

"i don't like that guy. he gives me some bad vibes but you hang out with him... and i can't stop you from being his friend, you know..." he pouted feeling slightly bad for saying that.

"i mean... we're neighbours so we kinda see each other everyday? but it's okay, you can hate him if you want, just don't be rude to him." she smiled and wrapped both of her arms around his waist but he slightly moved away, making her feel awkward so she removed her arms from his waist and quietly walked to class.

timeskip
"you know—" kim chewed her burger, "jungkook's acting different and i don't like it."

"the coconut head? your boyfriend right?" katsuki, the new student, leaned on his chair.

"yes, him. his name is jungkook goddamit!" she exclaimed because he always forgot jungkook's name. "before we were dating, he used to tease me and shit. i kinda liked it to be honest... he used to tell me lame pickup lines and i liked i—" her words were cut by katsuki's dry cough.

"i— i don't know if i should be cringing? like relationship ain't my thing." he frowned and showed a disgusted face, like he was about to puke. "anyways- i don't know him but he's being a dumbass then."

"ever since you came to be exact." she announced.

"are you saying it's my fault?!" he growled, catching the people's attention in the cafe near their house. katsuki rolled his eyes at them and turned back to kim, whilst she was looking at the other customers with an apologetic face.

"jeez, control your temper... he just doesn't like that i hang out with you so it's my fault, obviously."

"ahhh— he's the jealous type of guy?" he closed his eyes and smirked. "i guess i could play around with him."

"i won't join the game" kim responded, "in addition to that, we don't really talk about our problems as much?"

"and now i'm your therapist." katsuki sighed.

"shut up, i know you like listening to it." kim hit his shoulder, "anyhow, i just realised i never told him something important. it's lowkey obvious so he probably knows though..."

"yes, and i don't wanna hear more."

after a while, they walked home together and said their goodbyes.

+ at almost midnight, jungkook decided to call her.

jungkook: hey baby

kim: oh- hi jungkook! what's up?

jungkook: can i come over your house?

kim: bro it's like— 11pm?

jungkook: i can sneak through your window—
you have a tree right there you know, it's easyyy-

kim: ask jimin thanks.
she laughs

jungkook: you know he's gonna say yes so i'm coming
*call ended*

"jungkook what the fuck?" she mumbled to herself. she stayed in bed, rolling from one side to the other, feeling bored whilst waiting for him to arrive, which took around 15 minutes. she heard a knock which made her flinch and there jungkook was, smiling behind the big window.

"yoooo that's creepy!" she laughed as she opened the window for him to come in. "so what is it?"

"what do you mean what is it? no hugs or kisses, baby?" he extended his arms waiting for a hug and smiled , showing his bunny teeth making her feel calm and so happy that she wanted to suddenly tear up.

"sorry—" she jumped on top of him and gave a peck on his lips.

"sorry about today— i was feeling kinda moody and when you talked about him i felt—"

"yes i know you felt jealous and i forgive you." she kissed him. "so you just came for that? you could've just apologised through the phone—"

"i wanted to see you too, duh." he playfully rolled his eyes and laughed. "aaaand i'll be sleeping here."

"JIMIN WHAT THE FUCK!" kim growled and banged the wall to where jimin's room was, making him laugh.

"I LET HIM SO WHAT?!" his faint voice was heard which made jungkook chuckle evilly. he placed her on her bed and laid beside her, both looking at each other like there was no tomorrow.

"DON'T DO SHIT!" jimin shouted once more, making the couple laugh.

"YOU RUINING THE MOMENT UGLY!" jungkook looked at the wall as he attacked him back and turned back to kim.

"ah you're so beautiful!" jungkook squealed as he hugged her tightly like a huge bear making kim growl in complaint. her face was now buried to his chest and she couldn't stop smelling his cologne. jungkook closed his eyes for a moment and smiled like he was having a nice dream and said something that made her heart skip a beat;

"can't wait till school days are over so i can propose to you."