~1~

After the human, Mikami Satoru, died in his world and got reincarnated as a slime, he met the Storm Dragon Veldora and became friends with him. A few seconds after they became friends, Veldora sensed someone coming.

"Oh, good timing, you have to see the little slime I just befriended!" shouted Veldora. Mikami turned around and saw a beautiful woman dressed in white floating over to them.

"Let me introduce you, this is my lovely wife Amaryllis. Isn't she a beauty?" Veldora taunted smugly.

"It's is nice to meet you." Amaryllis bowed.

'What the hell is this?! After that Tamura taunted me with his fiance, that stupid dragon also got a beautiful wife while I had to die as a virgin! The world is too cruel!' Mikami thought and cried in his head before coming back to reality.

"Anyway, about the Unlimited Imprisonment seal that hero put on you. I feel bad knowing my friend's been sealed here for 300 years," he commented

"You..." Veldora looked at him with large teary eyes.

"Don't give me those puppy eyes! It'd be one thing coming from a cute girl, but a dragon?" the slime said with a crept look.

Amaryllis sighed at her husbands' behavior.

"If you have a way to get me out, I'd appreciate it. Th-The thing is... I wouldn't have lasted another 100 years before my magic ran out. I keep losing more and more magicules..." Veldora confessed with his arms crossed.

"So that's why this cave is so rich in magicules, and there are so many valuable herbs and ore." Mikami looked around at all the different herbs and orb which surrounded them.

"What happens when your magic runs out?" he wondered.

"It's not a huge deal."

"It's not?"

"I'll just die, that's all."

"How can you say that so relaxed?! And with your wife here too?!" Mikami shouted at his detached voice.

"But... After all these years of isolation, you just die, huh? Isn't it possible to break out of your prison after analyzing both the inside and the outside of it?"

"Hm... But my Abilities were sealed within it at the same time. I can't use them anymore." explained Veldora.

"I'll just need Veldora to give me information on this, it seems like my [Great Sage] could analyze it," Mikami said.

"Won't that take a long time? Didn't you want to quickly leave this place and meet the folks from your world? Are you sure you want to stay here that long? W-Well, not that I mind, but..." Veldora asked him.

'Hm... That's true but I feel kind of bad for him and his wife. What if I ate him with [Predator]? Maybe I could analyze the prison inside my stomach'

"Veldora, do you want to come inside of my stomach ?" Mikami asked.

Veldora thought about it for a minute and started to chuckle. Then his chuckle turned into a full-out laugh.

"Kuhahaha. That sounds very interesting! Please do it! I'll entrust my entirety to you!" he agreed.

"Hey, hey are you sure you want to believe me that easily?" the slime asked skeptically.

"Of course. It sounds more fun to break through the Unlimited Imprisonment together than to wait here until you come back! Besides, I don't want to make Amaryllis suffer along with me just because of my pride." Veldora said.

"Is this also okay for you?" Mikami asked her.

"If Veldora-sama trust you then I shall also believe in you. Please take care of him." Amaryllis said, giving him her consent.

"Then I'll use [Predator] to swallow you..." Mikami said but Veldora interrupted him.

"Ah before that. Let me give you a name. You can give me a name, too."

"Huh?"

"It will engrave onto our soul the fact that we are equals. It'll be what humans call a 'family name', but the name I give you will grant you divine protection. You are still nameless so you'll become a monster with a name. Of course, Amaryllis will also share our name. After all, she's my wife." he explained.

"A monster with a name, huh? That sounds good!" the slime agreed.

"Give me a cool name!"

"Same to you!"

"A cool name... Let's see, the Storm Dragon, Veldora...Storm... Storm? Hmm, how does 'Tempest' sound?" Mikami asked.

"IT SOUNDS FANTASTIC! AS OF TODAY, I AM VELDORA TEMPEST!!!" the dragon roared.

The slime jumped in shock.

"Y-you like it?"

"Yes! What do you think, dear? Amaryllis Tempest doesn't sound bad, right?" Veldora asked his wife. Amaryllis thought about it for a moment and nodded with a smile.

"I don't mind. If Veldora-sama is happy then I am happy to."

"Then I shall grant you the name 'Rimuru' " Veldora declared.

"Rimuru... Not bad."

"You will be Rimuru Tempest!"

At that moment, the slime began to shine and the name Rimuru Tempest has been engraved into his soul.

"I am... Rimuru Tempest."

"Indeed."

"Okay, I'm going to eat you now-"

"Wait!" Veldora interrupted again.

"What is it this time?!" Rimuru yelled.

"I'm happy that you will try to break me free from this seal, but I have a request."

"A request?" Rimuru wondered.

"Yes, now that I'll stay in your stomach for an unknown time, I wish for you to protect my wife from any danger and fulfill the promise to her I couldn't" Veldora explained.

"Hm... Alright, until you are free, I'll take care of her!" Rimuru promised.

"Thank you. Amaryllis, until we can be together again you shall assist Rimuru with his decisions and help him as an advisor. I'm sure she will be a great help to you in this new world." Veldora said.

"I understand, Veldora-sama," Amaryllis said and walked to the slime.

"Okay, now it's time!"

"Yes, let us meet face to face the next time."

Rimuru activated his Skill [Predator] and swallowed the seal inclusive Veldora into his stomach.

"Now, it's time I should leave the cave."

"If I may suggest you something, Rimuru-sama," Amaryllis said.

"What is it?"

"I believe now, after Veldora's disappearance, the forest outside of this cave will be in an uproar. Even though Veldora was imprisoned here, his presence alone protected the forest from the humans or stronger monsters." Amaryllis informed Rimuru.

"Is that so..." Rimuru mumbled.

"Maybe it would be best to stay here a bit and train your skills. This cave has a lot of monsters on the way to the exit, which are quite strong," she suggested.

"That's true. Then let's go." Rimuru said and hopped forward with Amaryllis following him.

And thus a new adventure begins for the reincarnated slime followed by the wife of the Storm dragon Velodra.