~3~

While Rimuru continued his stroll through the forest Amaryllis explained that the three humans they saw were probably adventurers from the Freedom Association.

"So it's kind of like an RPG game. Humans would absolve a quest and get a reward for it." Rimuru mumbled.

A few seconds later they heard a group approaching them. A group of 30 human-like monsters stumbled before them. They had scrawny bodies and wore thin and baggy clothes while holding beat-up weapons. They didn't seem very intimidating.

"Are those goblins?" Rimuru wondered.

"Yes. The goblins are low-class monsters who live in this forest." Amaryllis answered.

"I see..."

The goblin in the middle of the group stepped forward.

"O strong one, do you have any business here?" the little goblin asked nervously.

'Strong one? Wait, me?' Rimuru asked.

The slime tried to produce sound waves which carried his thoughts.

"RIGHT, SO, HELLO?"

What was supposed to sound normal turned into a powerful roar which scared the goblins.

"I AM A SLIME, AND MY NAME IS RIMURU!"

The roar was too powerful and loud for the goblins and they tried to cover their ears.

"We're well aware of how strong you are, sir! Please, quieter your voice!" the goblin begged.

Rimuru got confused by their action.

"Rimuru-sama. Your thoughts were too loud. The goblins are afraid." Amaryllis explained.

"I see..." Rimuru tried to it again but this time it turned into a whisper.

"So, did you need something?"

"We sensed a powerful monster, so we came here as a precaution." the goblin explained.

"I don't sense anything like that," Rimuru said and looked around.

"Surely you jest! Even if you face us in that form, we won't be fooled!" the goblin retorted.

"Rimuru-sama you mustn't forget that you also have the aura of Veldora-sama now.  Though you can't feel it yourself to other monsters your aura is very frightening." Amaryllis commented.

"But you aren't affected by it either."

"That's because I have been by Veldora-sama's side for so long. It doesn't affect me anymore," she explained.

"Strong one, having seen your power, we wish to ask you a favor." the goblin said.

"Huh?"

"This isn't the right place. Please let us guide you to the Goblin village."

The goblins guided them to their home which was quite a shabby village. They were escorted to one of their cottages.

Rimuru was sitting on top of a rock which was covered with a sheet. Amaryllis sat beside him. Sitting in front of them were the village elder and the goblin from before.

"Welcome, visitor. I am the elder of this village" he introduced.

"Hi, nice to meet you." Rimuru greeted.

"So, what favor did you want to ask me for?" he wondered.

"Have you noticed that monsters have been unusually active of late?" the elder asked.