41° - 11:23

Valeria's vision faded back into focus, from colors of blues and pinks, as she stepped out of the portal, drenched in water, dripping onto the wooden floorboards of Alister's bar

Valeria's vision faded back into focus, from colors of blues and pinks, as she stepped out of the portal, drenched in water, dripping onto the wooden floorboards of Alister's bar. "What?"

Alister turned towards her, like he never moved a beat, "Oh, hello, my liege. What can I get you?"

Valeria put the portal gun into her inventory, squeezing the water out of her brown hair as she approached a seat at the bar, "What is this? Why am I not at the Grove?"

"You can't enter the Grove through a portal, silly goose," he chuckled to himself.

She was growing irritated, "What are you talking about?"

His blue jeweled eye scanned her face on all sides, "The Grove is a island off-grid for those whose mind reside in Sweven."

"Reside in Sweven?" She echoed. "Like Star?"

"Who?"

She rolled her eyes, "Duchess of Winnipeg."

"Oh, yes," he confirmed.

"Well how do I get there if it's an island? What's the point of a portal gun if I can't use it?"

His neck twitched, "You're asking the wrong bot, Miss."

She sighed, thinking.

There had to be access. Teresa gave her a portal gun for a reason. The Grove was off grid. Only those trapped had access — "Alister," she sucked on the sides of her teeth.

"Yes, Miss?"

She met his eyes, "What is Teresa Avraham's ability?"

His eyes blinked, the jewel popped out of its socket, turning clockwise for six seconds before popping back in. Alister's body froze and he stared forward at the door, "Lumen clairsentience is the combination of light and empath without the use of the five senses. Typically those who are clairsentient create spaces where they can gain access to previously retrieved information; something that tethers to the memory or feeling."

Valeria had never seen Alister act like that before, typically bots have tells but it was as if his code was designed to be noticeable when searching maxims. "Alister, what is Valeria Correa's ability?"

His neck twitched again, scanning her face, "Necromancy apprehension is the communication with the dead that involves anxiety and/or panic disorders. In some instances to predict the future, one experiences an attack; panic or anxiety; to communicate with one before, during or after a death."

Valeria felt her stomach unsettle, "How many people who play Sweven have either necromancy or apprehension?"

"Approximately seven thousand players in either category."

"Interesting," she thought to herself for a moment. Alister was like a living Sweven encyclopedia. There were restraints but an endless amount of knowledge no one used him for.