Chapter 18

It was my first day back at work since the accident. I'd expected a slow day of walk-in appointments, so I was surprised when Adam told me we had a last minute booking the day before. I'd made sure to get up early so that I could hang out with Shiro and Cosmo for a bit before the appointment.

In the two days since I'd found him, Cosmo had become increasingly more attached to me. Shiro had been hesitant at first, but once he saw how fluffy and sweet my boy was, he knew we had to keep him. I hadn't told James yet – I was still reeling from his forceful kiss that night. He'd kept his distance, too. I was glad of it, but I still felt a bit disappointed. He was a good guy, he just didn't seem to have any boundaries.

When it was time for the appointment, I said goodbye to Cosmo, who whined and tried to follow me down the stairs. I shut him in with Shiro, who only laughed and told me, 'Your dog, your responsibility'.

I almost walked out of the studio when I saw the client.

What the fuck was Lance doing here? I'd been ignoring him for two weeks, surely he understood that I didn't want to talk? Well, I did want to talk, but my pride wouldn't allow it.

"Fuck," I hissed, when I heard them coming back through. I fought through the emotions that were swirling inside me, eventually having to turn away to stop him from seeing my flushed cheeks. He'd decided to have his tattoo on his chest – his chest of all places. Sure, I'd suggested it, but seriously? I was expected to touch and look at his fucking gorgeous body all morning? Without getting turned on? It was a travesty, that's what it was.

I quickly turned back to look at him. He still had his shirt on, and his cheeks were red – from nerves, probably.

"Take your shirt off, then." I mumbled, quickly looking away.

"I never thought the first time I'd be taking my clothes off in front of you would be to get a tattoo." He teased awkwardly while I heard the rustling of him removing his shirt.

"Don't make it weird." I managed to grumble. Fuck, next time I turned I'd have to cope with seeing his muscly chest and broad shoulders. All that manual work he did as a mechanic really did a body good.

"How long do you expect this will take?" He asked.

I turned back with the gun in my hand, sliding my rolling worktop nearer to the chair. I almost dropped the gun when I saw him shirtless for the first time. Muscles, I thought. So many muscles oh my-

"A few hours, probably." I barked. I put the gun down on the tray and picked up a disposable razor. "I have to shave the area first."

"O-okay." He mumbled. He looked tense.

"Just...relax." I tried to say calmly, half angling it towards myself. I quickly shaved the area, making sure I didn't touch him, then picked up the stencil glue and a tissue. "This is to help the stencil stick." I said, biting my lip as I reached over to his bare chest, wiping the area with the liquid. I tried not to think about how close my hand was to his chest.

I held the stencil paper over his chest.

"Is this okay?" I asked.

He nodded.

I pressed my lips together and applied the stencil, peeling it back after a second. Two lions – one of my favourite designs. I'd originally intended for one to be male and one to be female, but something had possessed me to have them both as males – and now Lance was getting it tattooed on his chest.

Fuck, I thought. The room was silent while I waited for the stencil to dry. I tried to look everywhere but at Lance.

"So, erm..." Lance began. "How is Shiro?"