3.2

❝ i'll go looking for you to
neverland by following
tinker bell ❞

— exo, peter pan

-

haruto and sooji has been walking for minutes and sooji could say that the guy is indeed a head-turner. maybe because of his godlike face, or perhaps because of the pink shoulder bag that he's carrying.

haruto must be aware of the attention he's getting, “i'll make sure to wear a mask the next time we go out” he said.

sooji chuckled, “why?”

he looked down to meet her eyes, “so that only you can see this handsome face”

she laughed, “millions of people will get to see your face when you debut”

her statement made haruto pout. they stayed silent for a moment, then haruto hummed a tune under his low voice.

it somehow seemed familiar to sooji.

she stopped from walking, “wait, is that a day6 song?” she gasped.

haruto smiled and nodded, “when you love someone” they said in sync.

sooji looked at him in shock, “you really listened to day6?”

“of course. i'll even fanboy with you”

that made sooji smile even wider. she never really had a my day buddy and she hoped she has. but now she finally found one, and it's the one and only watanabe haruto.

“where would you like to eat?” haruto asked all of a sudden.

sooji thought for a moment, “i know a place. do you like ice creams?”

“who wouldn't?”

sooji looked around the ice cream place. it's still the same though. she doesn't only like the ice cream they serve, but the place too. the walls and ceiling are a combination of pastel pink and white, her favorite colors.

“i often go here with sooho” she said as they took a seat.

haruto smiled, “you two must be close”

sooji rolled her eyes and chuckled, “you can say that we're pretty close, but we easily argue over small things”

“i'll have coffee crumble. what's yours?” she asked.

“cookies and cream, my fave”

haruto got up and went to the cashier. sooji fished out her phone and scrolled through her twitter feed. she liked some posts about her idols and then eventually exited the app when she got bored.

she opened whiplash and thought of having a quick match with haruto (the one from whiplash) but the guy isn't online at the moment.

a few moments have passed and the legit haruto isn't back yet. “jeez what's taking him so long?” she muttered under her breath.

impatient, she craned her neck to see the counter, dropping her jaw at the sight.

there stood the cashier, a girl who seems a year older, giggling like a kid with hearts on her eyes while haruto is scribbling something in a piece of paper.

haruto came to sooji with two bowls of ice cream and a smug look on his face.

“i guess you found a fan” sooji glanced at him then went back to her phone. she seemed bored and somewhat annoyed.

haruto shrugged, taking a mouthful of his ice cream, “i just gave her my autograph”

“cool” sooji put her phone down and took a scoop of ice cream.

“you should really wear a mask” she mumbled, but haruto heard it.

“hmm?” haruto hummed, a spoon is still stuck in his mouth.

she shrugged in response, “don't wanna end up like jenkai” before taking a spoonful of ice cream.

he took the spoon out of his mouth, “are you jealous?” he asked in a serious way, sooji didn't say anything.

“sooji, i have told the whole south korea that i love you. even that cashier knows that you're my coolest sooji. so stop crumpling that tissue like that”

sooji looked at the pieces of crumpled tissue papers in her hands. she's been crumpling it for a minute without her knowing.

am i really jealous? she asked herself.

they went silent for a while, until haruto noticed her phone on the table which displays her whiplash character.

“you still play?” haruto asked.

sooji nodded, “it's pretty addictive”

“do you play games?” sooji asked.

“i play whiplash too” he answered.

sooji looked up from eating her ice cream, “you– you play? what's your username? and rank?”

“x dot haruto. diamond 4”

haruto's answer made sooji 'almost' spit out her ice cream, in front of watanabe haruto, in front of the diamond ranked guy that she beat in a match, in front of whiplash' haruto.

sooji looked at him in shock and disbelief, “YOU'RE THAT HARUTO FROM WHIPLASH??” she couldn't help but to exclaim.

haruto flashed a playful smile, “in the flesh, soo dot lit”

she put her hand on top of her mouth, “that means– that means, you had talked to me even before new year's eve?”

haruto nodded, “and even let you win in a match” he confessed.

sooji gasped, “you– you let me win that time?”

he laughed at sooji's reaction, “i did. now finish up your ice cream”

haruto already finished his, so sooji took mouthfuls after mouthfuls of ice cream that almost made her cheeks burst. “done” sooji managed to say.

cute, haruto said to himself.

“why do you take time to leave me a message every night?” haruto asked all of a sudden.

“at first i just thought of dming you. i just slid into your dms without expecting to get a reply back” sooji beamed, “then it became a habit. you became my journal” she let out a laugh.

haruto fell silent. now it's sooji's turn to ask, “what made you reply?”

he looked down, “remember what i told you before when you first asked?”

“you told me you thought you just sleepwalked or jeongwoo messed with your phone” sooji answered.

“the truth is i accidentally seen your japanese texts” haruto laughed.

“and it made me laugh like, really” he added, chuckling at the thought.

“i read your past messages and i found out that you're that soo lit who chatted me on whiplash a few days before”

“so i replied. . . and i don't regret anything. with that, i found my coolest sooji”

his answer made her heart race and started feeling the dinosaurs in her tummy.

i'm going crazy, sooji said to herself.

“it's getting late. let me walk you home” haruto said, looking at the shop window. the skies are getting dark.

“my mom misses you already” sooji chuckled.

-

a/n. im so sorry for the late update. i didn't attend school for almost two weeks bc i got sick. i missed all of my exams so there's lot of catching up to do

also, im not sure if i can post an update every day like i used to do. my school works are piling up. but i'll try my best to write

ps. i feel sad for mashi :(((