Luna

I loved living with Uncle Lin, but I still missed my daddy. I never had to worry about whether or not I'd have food to eat, and Uncle Lin even bought me new clothes and toys. I had a brand new bed too!

I got up on Saturday and looked up as I stepped out of bed. Isabel was still sleeping. Typical. She was almost a teenager, so Uncle Lin said she liked to sleep a lot. I skipped out of the room and used the bathroom. I walked out to the living room but no one was up yet, so I wandered back to Uncle Lin's room.

I pushed the door open and he was still sleeping in his bed. I grinned, ran and jumped onto it. Uncle Lin's eyes opened and he laughed as I laid over his chest. He started tickling me and I squirmed, laughing.

"Who said you could get out of bed, huh?" he asked me as he kept tickling.

"Stoooooop!!" I protested as I tried to roll away.

"C'mere," he told me, opening his arms. I laid down next to him and cuddled in with him. He reached for the remote to his TV and turned on Pinkalicious. Uncle Lin fell back asleep as I watched the TV quietly. This had become our weekend routine.

When the credits rolled, I stood up and started bouncing on the bed, which make Uncle Lin wake back up. He groaned and sat up, brushing his hand over his messy hair. Finally, he swung his legs over the side and walked to the bathroom. When he came out he held out his hands to hold me. He carried me to the kitchen, telling me to be quiet so Isabel could sleep.

Uncle Lin sat me on the counter and started the coffee maker. I don't know what it was about adults and their coffee. They always wanted it in the morning.

"What should I make for breakfast?" he asked me. On weekends, he cooked good breakfasts like pancakes, scrambled eggs and omelets.

"Pancakes!" I answered, of course.

"How could I have guessed?" he grinned as he got out the skillet. "Let's put blueberries in so they're at least somewhat healthy."

"No, chocolate chips!" I told him.

"No, we had that last weekend," he said. I swung my legs as he got out the ingredients. He told Alexa to turn on some music and he started dancing sillily. I made up that word. He stood in front of me, moving his arms around and picked me up. He set me on the floor and started doing a really silly dance. I laughed and joined in. He shook his butt around.

Uncle Lin served up the first two pancakes to me. Isabel was still asleep.

"Is Pippa coming over today?" I asked him.

"Close your mouth when you're eating," he reminded me. "Yes, she'll be over just before lunch."

"Yayyy!!" I celebrated. I loved Pippa. She painted my nails and read books with me. I think Lin liked her a lot too. She helped Isabel with her math homework a lot.

I was hungry, so Uncle Lin gave me another pancake.

"Awexa, tell me a fart joke!" I requested and Uncle Lin shook his head but smiled.

"What do you call a person who doesn't fart in public? A private tutor."

Uncle Lin and I both laughed. I almost fell off my chair.

"You're so silly," Uncle Lin told me, and I didn't argue. I liked being silly.

After breakfast, I laid down on the couch and watched cartoons. When it was almost 11:00, Uncle Lin went to our bedroom to wake up Isabel because she still wasn't up. How could she sleep when there were so many fun things to do?!

She finally wandered out in her pajamas and Uncle Lin heated up some leftover pancakes for her. She sat at the table and I decided to go talk to her. We had so much to talk about since last night.