9: Ghoulies

My phone ringed and I reached for it knocking a few things down in the process, finally grabbing it I laid it against my ear "Hello?"

"Hey Mel it's Toni could you come to Fp's place I need to show you something"

"Fp's? Alright here I come" I said hanging up and lazily putting on my clothes and heading out taking Nagini and Chucky with me.

I arrived at Fp's place knocking on the door "Mel, finally you're here and you brought the twins" Toni said hugging both of them. "Why am I here I was sleeping" I said walking in behind my babies "can you just take the day off" I heard Betts say, turning around i saw Betty cleaning bruises that was around Jughead's eye. "Just some cuts and bruises" he replied to Betty while glancing over at me then back at Betty "I told you that motorcycle was risky, Jug, You promised me you where always going to wear a helmet" Betty said as I sat in Fp's chair as Nagini sat next to me and Chucky was next to Toni.

"It was just around the block. Don't blame me alright blame the potholes" looking over at Toni she gave me the same look i gave her. "I thought you where going to say you got jump by those Creepies"

"Ghoulies" I said rubbing Nagini's head "But no, the Serpents won't allow it"

"They got Jughead's back" Toni said walking closer to everyone. "Even though he's not a member" i replied to Toni. "It's just family loyalty right Mel?" Toni asked looking at me. I just stared at her. "Mel?"

"Right." Jughead and Betty looked at each other "Great, well I've gotta go to school, try and fix this mess with Kevin. Toni, will you keep an eye on him?"

"I'm all over it" Toni said saluting Betty. "Ready Mel?" Betty said turning towards me. "Nah Betty, I'm going to go to South Side High for a little bit" I told her and she just stared at me before smiling at Toni and walking out and Mary walking in.

"Hey Mary" Toni said before looking at Jughead "Don't tell Betty, she doesn't need to know" he said looking at Toni. "We warned you about the Ghoulies" Toni said grabbing Mary's hand "I hope you take them more seriously now" Mary said waiting for Toni "Yeah. I will now" Jughead said staring at me.

"I'm sorry" Jughead said as I walked over to him grabbing the bottle "You don't have to be sorry about anything Jughead, just a lesson learned" dabbing his cheek with the cotton swap he flinched. "I really am sorry" Jughead said grabbing me wrist, finally looking up at him he smiled at me "I really don't care Jughead it's alright i won't tell Betts" I heard Chucky growled "It's alright Chucky come here" i replied smiling at him and Nagini "Jughead I would like you to meet Chucky and Nagini, I had them ever since they were pups" I said smiling moving back as they sat next to Jughead and started sniffing them.

"Why are they doing this?"

"To get your smell, to know that your not a threat to them or me" i said getting up and walking towards they door "you're not staying" turning back around i looked over at Jughead. "No I'm not, I'm spending they day with my twins... Jughead we need to stay away from each other, you're not apart of the Serpents so you don't need to be mix in with us and the only reason that the Serpents will protect you now is because I asked them to not because you're Serpent by blood a lot of us don't follow that rule anymore for the fact is that we can't even trust blood anymore" I said closing they door and walking towards the truck.

∆•∆

We finally came home at midnight, putting food and water out for the twins I headed up stairs crashing on the floor. "Mel?" I heard Mary say opening my door "Yes Mary?"

"I wanted to tell you that Toni and I have been seeing each other for quite some time now"

"I know Mary? I said throwing my shoes and jacket on the floor "How?"

"I've seen how you look at each other, you never looked at someone that way before and I'm happy for you guys of all the people in the world you deserve a happy ending" I said grabbing my covers down from my bed and onto the floor. "Mel we both deserve a happy ending don't you think" Mary replied laying next to me. "No Mary I don't think I deserve a happy ending even if I wanted one"

"I know you'll get one" Mary replied as I started to draft off into darkness.