33: Thomas Topaz and Victor Valdez

Grabbing an apple i sat next to Nagini and Chucky watching TV before i have to go to school soon i heard a knock on the door "it's open" i yelled and someone came in by the sound of their feet it was a purpose, the person seemed pissed. 

"Mel look at this" Toni said shoving a newspaper in my hand "what's this?" i asked looking at the first page and on the front cover there is was in bold letter big for all to see "The truth about General Pickens by Jughead Jones," i said sighing and getting up putting on my shoes "I'll take care of this, i can't believe he actually did this oh all the things," i said getting more mad by the second, after finally putting on my shoes i headed towards the school.

Walking into the school i headed straight to the blue and gold i knew he was and here and i was right he was sitting at one of the tables typing away. "What the fuck Jughead," i said slamming the door shut "what are you talking about?"

"Oh, i don't know-how about this "General Pickens was a murderer... and ripples from his gruesome acts continue to be felt today. Descendants of the victims are still being displaced. So I challenge the Northside, instead of honoring men like General Pickens and Hiram Lodge, hold them accountable. Reparations must be paid to men like Thomas Topaz and Victor Valdez, who are too old and beaten down to fight back for themselves." i said throwing the paper a Jughead.

"This town is messed up, and it needs to own up to its history."

"Our grandfathers isn't some broken-down victims, okay? Or some prop for your insane vendetta against the Northside."

"No, of course not."

"Look, Jughead, I get it. You hate the Northside. You hate that instead of inviting you to a party, they asked you to work it. It triggers all your rage about being born on the wrong side of the tracks. But this? This wasn't your story to tell." i said sighing, shaking my head and walking out i ran into Mary and Betts "Hey"

"What was all that about?" Mary said looking at me then at the room i came from. "Have you seen the blue and gold that your girlfriend allowed to be published?" i said looking from Mary to Betts "No i don't really read those newspaper, why?"

"Oh, I'll catch you up to speed, where should i start the fact that i was stupid enough to mention grandpa Topaz and grandpa Valdez to Jughead or the fact that your girlfriend read the article and thought 'hey this would make a good headliner, the troubles, the sorrow, and the pain our family went through. Hey let's bring it up again and not just for a damn report no let's tell the whole town"

"...You did that? you can't be serious Betty" Mary said staring at the floor "Mary i-"

"You thought what that everything was going to be okay, that it wasn't going to start a whole thing that our family finally made a little peace with," Mary said now yelling at Betty i shook my head about to walk away "where are you going?" Mary asked grabbing my arm to stop me "i have to go and see them tell them i didn't mean for this to happen and beg them to forgive me" I whispered to Mary. "You think that's a good idea to go and see grandpa?"

"It's never a good idea to go see grandpa but i don't want him hating me more then he already does"

"I'm going with you"

"Mary-"

"Hey did you forget we're in this together whatever pain or stress you're going through I'll go through it with you like the time when you were stressed out at pops"

"You knew?"

"I know everything you do Mel now shall we go and face grandpa maybe he'll forgive us and we can start anew or he'll kill us... either way, it's going to be one hell of a night" she said wrapping her arm around my shoulder and i wrapped my arm around her waist and we headed to our doom.