f o u r

"(Y/N)?"
I heard someone calling my name.

"(Y/N), you need to wake up."
The voice moved my arm to wake me up. As I opened my eyes revealing all the light coming from the window, I saw a figure in front of me, I rubbed my eyes so I could see better.

"Finally you're up."
It was L.

"L-L! G-Good morning." I said jumping out of bed.

After 4 second I realized that I was actually in my pj so I covered myself.

"Go and get dress, I have someone to present you." He got closer to me whispering. "It's probably the second Kira and I want you to take a look at her." I blushed as his breath delicately was touching my ear.

'Wait, did he sleep in the bed with me?' I thought to myself, I was going to ask him but he cut me immediately.

"I slept on the couch, do not worry." He said emotionless. I blushed more and went to the bathroom to get ready.

After I got dressed, he was about to leave to the main room, but I didn't want to let him go yet.
I had to be sure of my feelings first of getting back to work, otherwise I would think about that for all the time and I wouldn't be focused on my job.

"L?" I said coming closer to him.

He just looked at me raising an eyebrow like
'what is it?'.

"I was going to make some tea, would you like some?" I said smiling at him as I took the cups the hotel put on the sink, like it was a tea zone.

"Yes I would really like that." He said sitting on the bed with a soft smile.

I gave him the cup and our hands touched, we both blushed a little.
"Oh I almost forgot." I said going back to the tea zone the hotel had and I came back with four sugar cubes.

He smiled at me and he poured the four cubes full of glucose inside of his tea.

The silence reigned in the room, and it was kinda embarrassing.
"So..." I said tightening the cup in my hands and watching myself on the surface of my drink.
He looked at me and I tried to hold back blushing.

"What's the name of this suspected second Kira." I said looking at him in the eyes with determination.

"You look really determinate to find out who are those killers." He said taking a sip of his extra sweet drink.

"I am, and I have a plan." I said with a serious face.
He blushed looking at my red and determinate face, and almost laugh.

"What's so funny!" I said getting mad, my cup was also about to fall.

"You're cute when you get mad." He said finishing to drink his tea, licking the sugar at the bottom of the cup.

My face became even redder as I stood up, took the two cups and put them in the sink.

"Hey I have not finished yet." He said with disappointment in his face.

"Don't care, let's go c'mon." I said opening our room's door, taking him by the hand fast and leaving it as soon as he stood up.

"Someone here's angry." He said teasing me.

"Shut up." I said becoming redder.

We were walking straight to the main office, and when we arrived in front of the door, first of entering, our hands almost touched again.

He came closer to my ear.

"I really meant that before." He said whispering and opening the door.

My stomach felt weird again and I was shaking the hell out of me.

"First ladies." He said still teasing me with his emotionless.

I just laughed and went inside of the main office, seeing the others, and Light with a gothic dressed girl next to him.

I immediately had suspects on her, I didn't know why but, I had a strange feeling about her.
I looked to L, who seemed to be thinking, he had his thumb placed on his lip already.

"L, (Y/N), good morning!" Light said approaching us with his "girlfriend".

"I wanted you two to meet my girlfriend, Misa, she's a old friend of mine" He said looking straight at me. "And she'll stay in this hotel for a long time." He said smiling.

I handshake her hand. "I'm (Y/N)." "I'm Ryuzaki." We said at the same time.

Misa looked up on L's head, why was she doing that?
"Strange, you're name seems differ-"

"W-What are you saying Misa!" Light cut her covering her mouth with his hand.

"I'll bring her to drink some fresh water!" He said anxiously, bringing Misa in another room.

"Stalk them." L whispered in my ear.

"Definitely." I said with determination burning in my eyes. He went straight back to his computer, as I followed Misa and Light hiding behind the door.

"How could you not remember his name!?"
Light shouted at Misa in whisper.

"I don't know Light! I just remember that it starts with the L..." She said closing her eyes and trying to remember.

What? Are they trying to figure out L's name?
What did she mean when she said, is up on L's head...?

I went straight to L and took his arm. He looked at me confused as I dragged him out of the main office.

"What is this for?" He said lifting his eyebrow.

"You can't let Misa sees you again." I said firmly and with preoccupation in my tone.

"Someone's jealous?" He said for teasing me again. I became red.

"What? That's not what I meant you idiot." I said taking his hand and bringing him in our room again.

I sat on the couch thinking, he approached me as well, "sitting" next to me.
"Why I can't let Misa see me?" He said looking me in the eyes.

"Do you remember when you told me about this legend, that here in Japan is very common? The one about Shinigami's." I said taking and tightening his hands together.

He blushed.
"You mean, the one which said that Shinigamis could be existing on the Earth and not only in the Death Kingdom?" He said trying to figure out what was all that about.

"Yes. Do you have any books that deal with this topic?" I said tightening his hands more.
He blushed, getting really red.

"Y-Yes. A-Actually..." He said embarrassed.

I soon realized I was squishing his hands without any type of permission, and I let them go, blushing too as him.

"S-Sorry." I just said having my head down to apologize. He caresses my head chuckling.

"You think Misa is somehow connected to a Shinigami?" He said trying to kill the mood and the sense of anxiety that was flying in the air.

"Not only her, please tell me where do you keep those books. We need them and fast." I said standing up.