t h i r t e e n

We quickly reached Misa's house, seeing her just taking out her keys to open the door. As she entered into her big and luxurious house, we silently followed her climbing on a tree that looked through her bedroom's window.
After a couple of seconds we saw her entering and taking the black note book out of her usual, and as well black, bag. My eyes widened again as I saw the uncovered target. "That's the weapon she uses to kill people, It's called Death Note." I said firmly still looking at the window, trying to not be noticed by the blonde girl. Matsuda's eyes widened as Aizawa was about to spoke up but I immediately covered his mouth, there was no time for questions.

"We need to arrest her before she could write L's real name." I said determinate and jumping on the ground from the little tree. They both followed me, we reached the door, forced the lock and quietly reached her bedroom. We stayed in front of the door for a couple of seconds, my heart was pounding and I started to soak wet : What if she already wrote L's name? What if it's too late? What if he's dying right now and I'm not next to him? I thought to myself with my eyes that look like if they were made of glass. I felt Matsuda's hand on my shoulder, trying to calm me down and whispering. "It's going to be ok." He said smiling at me. I tried to keep my cool and dried away the few tears they were about to be create in my eyes. Suddenly, Aizawa took out a gun, breaking through the door and pointing the gun on Misa's head.

"POLICE!" He screamed as Matsuda, as well, entered inside of the room holding a gun. Misa stopped writing what It seemed to be L's name and took up her hands coldly, like if she was expecting that sooner or later. I immediately ran over the notebook to see what she was writing, hoping that It wasn't L's real name.

"Lawli" That's all it was written.

I took out a sigh of relief as I heard her whispering something. "I'm so sorry (Y/N)." She said starting to cry and sob, feeling like getting arrested was better than write L's name on that deadly notebook. I quietly put my arms around her and tightened our body in a warm and friendly hug. "It's not your fault." I said caressing her head to comfort her, we were friends after all. When she felt a bit comfortable and calm with the situation, we had to put a pair of handcuffs on her warm and full of bracelets wrists to take her to the central.
"Take the note book, we have to bring it to Ryuzaki." Aizawa said as he take Misa's by her wrists.
"NO! WAIT! I PROMISE I'LL GIVE TO RYUZAKI BUT PLEASE JUST, DO NOT TOUCH IT, LET ME TAKE IT TO HIM." She almost shouted begging us to not touch the mysterious note book.
We all agreed with confused faces as she tried to take her note book with the handcuffs around her wrists.

While we were in the car, I sent a message to Lawliet, I wanted to be sure he wasn't dead. My heart pounded and the anxiety started to grow as he wasn't texting me back. My legs started to shake and my hands were tightened together on my thighs, just like when I was about to confess my feeling to my black haired boy.
My worries immediately flew away as I heard my phone vibrate. It was him, thank god he was still alive.

Are you coming back with Misa?

He just texted. Emotionless as always.
I texted him back to inform him that we got the black notebook as well.

Great, I'll see you later.

He texted back. My heart felt released to see that Lawliet was ok.

As we arrived to the police central, Misa put the deadly little notebook in a cube of glass, still commending that no one should have ever touched it. We didn't question about that and put Misa's behind the prison's cold bars ; even if we were friends, I still couldn't pass over the crime she had done with the other Kira.
I immediately ran over L, who seemed to be watching Misa's through other telecameras he had installed, in case she wanted to run or something like that.
I ran behind him and hugging him as strong as I could while I was in tears. "I'm so glad we made it on time."
I whispered sobbing as I heard his hand gently caress my head and his soft lips kissing my tears away.
Light was also in the room with us and he seemed to be anxious, angry. I saw with the corner of my eyes that he was tightening his pounds and his brown eyes had a strange shade of red, my suspects were now at 97% of him being Kira.
"Gentlemen, even if we found the second Kira, we still have to find the first and I have a plan." He said looking at Light as well with the corner of his eyes.
I saw Light starting to soak wet and his look went straight to Misa's telecameras.
"You can all go home now, I think we made enough for today, wait for my instructions." Lawliet said coldly and taking a sip of his extra sweet tea.
Everyone sighed almost excited to have found the second Kira, Yagami's was also relieved from the news and went home, calm and relaxed to know that his son was not involved with Misa, or at least that was what Lawliet make him believe.

Even though everyone was free to go, the only one who stayed in the office with me and Lawliet was Light, who seemed wanted to stay close to my detective. "Misa Amane the second Kira, that was such a strange discovery." He said almost chucking and sitting in a chair next to Lawliet, watching the girl through the telecameras. "Why?" Lawliet asked looking at Light with a thumb on his lips.
"I mean she doesn't have a big knowledge, indeed she is very clumsy and easy to corrupt, damn if she was stupid." He said firmly with a smile on his face. "Yes you are right, but If she was deceived it's not fully her fault, indeed she might have been mentally corrupted, the first Kira could have made her believe that what he was doing was a form of justice and that was right." Lawliet said looking with his dark eyes in Light's ones.

As Light gradually offended Misa more and more, I felt a strange presentiment in the air getting worst, like if we weren't the only one in the room. I started to look around as I saw Misa's black notebook and a pen, flying in the middle of the room. My eyes widened as I went there and touched the strange note book. In front of me a tall, white and horrible monster was writing someone's name on the Death Note. I was about the shout but he took a finger on his "lips" in sign to stay in silence and let him do.

Was he plotted with Light? Was he killing Lawliet? In front of my eyes? I could feel my legs and I fell on the ground, starting to tear down worried.
Both of the guys heard my sobs and immediately turning around. "(Y/N)?" Lawliet asked raising his eyebrows, Light was in silence, looking to the white monster and assuming a worried face, afraid of the fact that I could be crying because I could have touched the note book.
Lawliet's face became whiter that how already was and fell down to his chair, seeing the black note book flying in the air.
"I-It might be..." he gulped. "A-A  S-SHINIGAMI?" He said scared and worried with death in his eyes.
I ran back to him and hugged him strong, crying with my legs shaking. I didn't want him to go, he couldn't leave me alone again.

As Light immediately stood up, a grin appeared on his face, he started to laugh hysterically and his eyes became fully red. Lawliet eyes widened as he immediately stood up and looked to Light with his hands in his pockets. I watched him standing up, worried for him to die at any moment. I saw the white Shinigami stop writing the name of the victim, knowing that it would have might be Lawliet.
"Yagami, I knew it." Lawliet said looking at the disguised monster he had in front of him, feeling the death next to him.
"Now you two are gonna die, it was nice to meet you L- " Light's eyes widened more, his hand tightened his shirt and his breath became heavy, as I saw the white Shinigami starting to fade away and becoming dust.
Did he write Light's name?
My eyes widened in tears as I saw Lawliet making a step behind almost emotionless.
Light fell on the ground with his eyes that were about to close. We could see that the fall, provocate the exit of the real notebook, the one of the original Kira that he was hiding under his shirt. The only words he whispered were : "Y-You traitor...".

Misa's notebook fell from the air on a little mountain of white dust as Kira closed his eyes forever.
The silence reigned in the room as I saw Lawliet falling to his knees and sighing in relief with an heavy breath, I immediately ran next to him and hugging him strongly, knowing that all this was finally over and that no one could have ever taking him away from me. His eyes looked happy and I could finally see his smile trough his messy black hair.
"It's over now..." I whispered in relief kissing him with all the passion I had left and feeling his cute and fast heartbeat, which now I was sure It will never stop from beating.

--------------------
Thank you for readinggg!
That was my very first story and I really tried my best. I know that this doesn't actually fit perfectly with the real plot of the manga, it's just that I didn't want L to die ;).
I hope you could have enjoyed and tried to ignore all my grammatical mistakes! Still thank you for reading my story and we'll probably see in another story, bye! ♡♡♡