chapter I 🍒

*Beep Beep Beep*

The sound kept going on until Cherry decided to get out of her big comfy bed. She turned over to stop the annoying noise, the clock reading 5:30 am.

Cherry had to get up for work, as a nurse at The Brooklyn Hospital Center. For Cherry it was hard to be a nurse, and a nurse her size nevertheless.

What really angered her  was that everytime she went to go assist a patient they would always give a disguised look of disdain, some not even bothering to conceal it at all. One extremely embarrassing time, a woman requested another nurse because of the way Cherry looked. The woman said she was going to crush her with her hands trying to listen for her heart. She tries not to let it bother her and move on, but it still slightly hurt even to this day.

She laid there in her big king size bed, remembering that day, and sighed. Everyday for her was a struggle, but not one that she couldn't face head on. Cherry finally got up and ready to go to the gym. She was self conscious of her weight, and going to the gym always made her feel better.

Cherry put on her workout clothes. She grabbed her water bottle, keys and phone. She got in her Uber and headed to the gym. Cherry arrived at the gym, thanked her uber driver, and headed to her favorite treadmill. She started at a low speed and worked her way up. Cherry was proud of herself, as she had lost 30 pounds the past year.

In the past Cherry had been through a lot. She had just got out of an abusive relationship, which caused her to dangerously lose weight to the point where she would starve herself and there were times were she couldn't find the light at the end of the tunnel.

It was now 6:30 pm and Cherry was exhausted as a result of her workout. She gathered her stuff in a rush, because she was going to be late for work. As she was brisked down the street in a hurried manner, she didn't pay attention to a brick wall she had just ran into. Cherry thought she must have been really out of it to do something like that.

Before she stumbled to the ground, the brick wall wrapped their arms around her shoulders, holding her steady. Wait, since when did brick walls grow arms?