Stay (part 2)

Mondo's eyelids felt as if they had thick glue on them. As if he had been sleeping for days. He took in a deep breath. The air in his room was stuffy and warm which just added the nauseous feeling. After finally being able to force his eyes open Mondo waited for the memories to flood in but nothing was coming back to him. He just knew he wanted to throw up.

His legs were shaking like hell. The attempts at keeping balance were in vain and he ended up hitting his forehead against the bathroom door.

"Fuck!" He yelled a bit too loud before he opened the door with rage.

Someone knocked on the door to his room. Mondo closed the bathroom door with a bang. "Who the fuck is it?!" After wiping his mouth he paced madly towards the other door and opened it, almost hitting poor Taka in the nose.

"Whaddya want?" Mondo hissed and Taka flinched at the biker's grumpy mood.

"I just...wanted to make sure you were alright," Taka explained carefully. Mondo relaxed his shoulders and sighed.

"Sorry. Come in or whatever..." he muttered under his breath, opening the door enough for Taka to fit through the gap.

They were sitting on the bed again. Last night's events were coming back to Mondo but he kept asking Taka about it.

"Oh shit...I forgot to do somethin'." Mondo buried his face into his hands.

"Forgot..?" Taka questioned and Mondo revealed his face again.

"Could ya...come with me?"

"What? Come where?" Taka asked and listened to the biker's suggestion, finding it impossible to decline.

---

The wind was blowing hard. Taka buried his face into his scarf, wishing he would've remembered to take his gloves. He watched Mondo who stood by the gravestone and wondered how the biker didn't seem cold at all.

"Hey brother." Mondo gulped and placed the single flower on top of the grave.

"Now don't ya dare laugh at my dried rose, 'kay?" Mondo tried to lighten up his own mood.

"Sorry I didn't come yesterday..."

Taka listened carefully to every word Mondo was saying, finding the situation peculiar. Mondo seemed so real, in a way.

"I was a lil down but hey... I'm here now. Hope that's okay with ya." Mondo could've sworn he saw it. Daiya smiling at him, not being bothered by the fact that the little brother was late.

Mondo turned around, he looked slightly embarrassed but more than that he looked tired.

"Sorry I dragged ya over here with me... you can go..." He quickly turned around again and sat down in front of the gravestone. Taka's gaze was on the ground, he was wondering about what to do or what to say. He didn't feel like Mondo had "dragged him" with him. He felt honored that the biker wanted him to be there in an important moment.

"Do you want to be alone?" Taka asked and Mondo turned to look at him.

"Honestly? No..." Mondo muttered before he turned his gaze back to the grave, to his brother's name engraved on it.

"Then... Can I stay with you?" Taka was already having a battle inside his mind, a part of him saying it would be rude and another part saying it would be respectful.

"I don't mind." Mondo answered him, smiling faintly.

---

Mondo kept his eyes closed as he listened to the wind, felt it tickle his skin. Another sound caught his attention and he opened his eyes to see Taka looking for something from his bag. "Whatcha doin'?" Mondo frowned when Taka ripped a page from one of his notebooks.

"Uh well... I would like to write a letter to your brother, if that's alright..."

"A letter?"

"Yes. It's something I do every time I visit my grandfather's grave." Taka stated shyly as he began to write on the paper. Mondo smiled warmly and decided not to interrupt the hall monitor. Mondo had heard about Taka's grandfather a few times. He was glad about the fact that Taka knew what it felt like. Maybe... Taka did understand him after all.

"My name is Ishimaru Kiyotaka. I am your little brother's classmate. I suppose any big brother would want someone to look after their little brother when they were absent. I would like to take this role, not as the hall monitor, but as his friend. I know how much he needs one. Just as I do..."

---

Mmm now that I published this I noticed some weird parts but anyways. I guess this fic would mean much more if it was published as a flashback chapter like it was originally supposed to haha. Still hope ya liked it! I'll try to publish more fics as soon as possible. I do have a few mastermind au fics but I have to edit them. A lot.