Mastermind au 2

"Still not willing to help, brother?"

"Never!" Taka cried, expecting to get punched again. He held his tied up hands in front of his face as a shield but there was no punch. He peeked at the mastermind from behind his arms. Mondo looked back at him, clearly still pissed off. But the angered expression did not linger on his face for long. It turned into a grim smirk. "So, you don't want your friends to be free?" He asked gloomily. "Y'know, everything that will happen to them from now on is your fault."

"Eh?"

"Don't you 'eh' at me, dumbass...You should've known that from the very beginning. Since the moment I proposed the deal..." Taka flinched at his words.

"So, who shall we target today..." The mastermind muttered, mainly to himself. Taka watched as Mondo approached him. "Get up."

---

The prefect was walking in front of Mondo who had forced him to lead the way despite Taka not having any idea where they were going. Whenever he had to turn, the mastermind would order him to. Taka felt like a low, worthless creature. It wasn't enough that his hands were still tied up and he'd received punches from a crazy madman but now he was also ordered around, literally and figurativelly.

"First door on the left." Mondo ordered and Taka stopped in front of the door. He glared at Mondo, slightly annoyed. As if he was able to open it. 

"Oh, sorry, forgot." Mondo mocked as he opened the door.

After entering the room Taka stared at the screens on the wall. Film from the surveillance cameras.

"Now shall we begin?" Mondo asked excitedly, taking out two chairs and shoving Taka into the other one. "Now...Pick one"

"What?" 

"We need someone to play with...So pick one." Mondo was not patient. He did know the prefect didn't have it in him to do it.

"Whaddya say we pick...Togami. He's an arrogant prick. Or Naegi. He'll be an interesting one. No, no, maybe we should pick one of the chicks..?" Mondo was thinking out loud on purpose. It was all working. Taka started trembling as he listened to Mondo.

*You would hurt a girl..?*

"Let's take our Ultimate Luckster, see how lucky he really is in the end..."

"Stop." Taka interrupted, not wanting to hear another word. He couldn't take it. He could not watch his classmates suffer and get hurt because of his own selfishness.

"I will do whatever you say..." He spoke and a sob escaped his lips. Mondo was smiling. "Huh...Maybe you will be a better subordinate that I had thought...Loyal, too..."

---

The ties were removed. Taka gasped of the relief. He was concerned about his red wrists though. He was hoping he would have been with the rest of his friends who had left the building only minutes ago. Only, he did not know what the world actually looked like outside Hope's Peak.

"I promise we will come for you!" That was what Naegi had promised when he had been given the button to open the school's front door. That had made the mastermind laugh and shake his head. That was not going to happen.

"What now?" Taka broke the silence. He stood before the throne Mondo was sitting on. "You let them go...Will that not make you feel...bored?" He forced out the last word, wondering if it would irritate the mastermind. Instead Mondo laughed. "You fucking dumb? Just 'cause I let 'em walk outta here don't mean they ain't my target anymore." Mondo grinned, resting his head on his hand. The sight made a shiver run through Taka's body.