Chapter.1: The musician

When the brunette charged at him, he listened to the beat of the man's boots stomping against the earth before taking his own footing and allowing his sword to clash against the brunette's. While their blades drew sparks, the blonde knight could see the brunette about to use his shield that clung to his arm to try to get the upper hand, but the blonde one was much smarter and quicker.

With swift force, the blonde-headed young man quickly kneed the brunette's arm holding his dignified sword, forcing his arm to move away while his blade went flying. In that exact instant when the brunette slowly watched his steel weapon fly, just before noticing the boot of the blonde knight high-kicking him in the face, sending the poor brunette knight into the cold hard earth.

"Alright, that's enough for today," a silver-haired man called out to them before the blonde knight could make another move on the brunette. The young man stepped away from the other, catching the sword that fell from the sky that had previously been flying.

"Geez...skilled as ever, huh Note?" The brunette said, getting up from the ground with a defeated smile as he wiped the crimson red blood from his nose. The blonde one who appears to be Note, on the other hand, did not respond... He hardly even looked his way.

"You boys did well today," the silver-haired man said, approaching the two, patting them both on the shoulder proudly. Note quickly shrugged the older man's hand off, as he was not the friendliest of knights around the lands of Uura.

"If we're done training, I'd like to take my leave now," The blonde said, letting his words come off a bit stiff. He brushed strands of his soft hair out from his face, letting the strange birthmark show on his forehead. It wasn't a very common shape, so no one ever knew how to describe it.

"That's fine Note, you may go," the older man said, before sighing as he and the brunette both observe the blonde knight leaving the training grounds.

"He's the toughest knight I've seen, and yet the only thing he wants to do is play music," The young brunette said, sighing at the end of his words. Jealous of Note's skill in swordsmanship, he crosses his arms, unable to understand that blonde knight.

"As a child, I heard Note mastered any instrument he got his hands on..." The older man replied, stroking his silver beard.

"Really?" The brunette asked.

"Yes... I also heard he was one of the children enrolled as a knight after losing his family eleven years ago, just like you, Lerish." How could the brunette knight forget? Eleven years ago was the first sight of demons after a thousand years of peace when The Great Demon was sealed.

Women, children, and men were killed that day eleven years ago... All the children who survived without families were forced to enroll in the knight academy to have a place to stay and food to eat... but Note, the blonde knight, was the only one to despise becoming a knight; despite his amazing talents in battle. He was the only one who didn't seek out revenge for his parents. In fact, the blonde had once stated that it was his very own parents' lack of skills that got them decimated...No one could comprehend this, and it was quite often that it infuriated all of the other survivors seeing him as a disdainful person who did not love his family. Regardless, Note was never bothered by the Knights' gossiping. He didn't hate his family, but he saw no reason to satisfy the other knights' curiosity. No, Note was not the type to worry about others, only needing to look out for himself and he didn't see any reason to socialize with any of the other knights at the academy.

Just as the older man and the brunette named Lerish were about to head out to the food court, a fully armored knight approached them and asked, "Where's Note?" The older man looked towards the brunette knight with a dubious look. Lerish answered, "Most likely in his room..." Usually, that was where the blonde knight spent most of his time. The three of them then made their way towards Note's room. They proceeded through the stone corridors with the sun's light beaming through the windows. There were many wooden doors and different halls, but each door was labeled with a plank of wood with the knight's name on it. After at least twenty or so doors, they finally came upon the wooden door labeled, "Note." Standing on the outside edge of the room, the trio of men could hear the graceful sound of a harp singing hymns on the other side of the door. Without knocking, the fully armored knight whisked the door aside and saw the musician brush against the strings of his harp smoothly, sitting on a not-so-great but sturdy bed.