CHAPTER 2 - The First Meeting

Sixth grade, first year of middle school. That's where it all began; the first day of sixth grade.
Like most other schools in India, Luna's school also followed this amazingly unwanted tradition of "class seat allotments" decided by the class mentor and like most other schools, it was mandatory for the teacher to shuffle and make opposite genders sit next to eachother. I still don't understand the whole point of this sacred ritual, but... yeah, that used to happen, we couldn't decide where we wanted to sit.
Anyway, when the seating arrangement was happening, Luna was made to sit next to a childhood friend of her's; Karan (one of the very few people she already knew because they came from the same primary school.) At first she was glad that she was seated with somebody she knew but she soon regretted it because well, Karan happened to be a super annoying “I'm not gonna shut up about the most random and senseless things” kind of a guy. When a third person which happened to be Viraaj was added on to her bench, Luna took a breath of relief.
Being the new guy, who had no friends, Viraaj chose to sit quietly in his cornered comfort, not even daring to open his mouth; but Luna had had enough of Karan's annoyance for a day and hence. She eventually decided to talk to the new guy. Who responded to her Hello with a wave of hand, he didn't even bother to smile.
“Do you not talk?” Karan asked stupidly. Viraaj had probably already decided that this guy was probably dumb.
“Hi" Viraaj, could not have had colder response.
“So, you don't talk? Okay, that's fine, you can hear Karan go on all day long then.” Luna rolled her eyes.
“I said Hi, that involves me having to move my mouth, which is the literal definition of talking. Also, guess what I am doing right now?- talking.” Viraaj snapped.
“ So..... You just have trouble talking like a normal person then?”
“Wha- what do you mean ?"
“Nothing, you would have understood if you were normal.”
“I think you're the one who is not normal. Why are you annoying me ?”
“Annoying you? We're bench mates! We have to sit next to each other for the whole year! I can't sit next to a strange abnormal lunatic."
“I don't even want to sit next to you! I'm only here because the teacher made me sit here. You can ignore my presence just like I plan to ignore yours."
“WHAT?!?! HOW DARE YOU?!”
“Hey hey hey, Karan's your bench mate too! And Karan hates fights! Let's all be friends!” Karan interrupted.
“ Now who the hell is Karan?”
“He's Karan," Luna said gesturing Karan's face in circular movements. "He has been referring to himself in third person since I've known him. It's annoying, I believe more annoying than you are.”
“Hey! I'm your best friend! You can't talk about me like that!”
“You're not my best friend!"
“Whatever, let us introduce ourselves first. That's generally how people begin conversation, just in case you are new to the social world. Hi, I'm Karan. And what I'm doing right here is, well what's called interaction, that is I-N-T-E-R-A-C-T-I-O-N”
“I'm Viraaj." Viraaj sighed.
“Oh wow, This is... interesting!”
“What's interesting about that dumbo? He just told his name.”
“No, not that! It makes sense now.”
“What makes sense? I'm this close to believing that you're actually slowly loosing the last two brain cells that were left inside that shell.”
“ No, no, no, I mean, he's Viraaj, which also means the Sun, and you are Luna....”
“Which means the Moon, yeah so? What's your point Aristotle?”
“That's why you don't get along! Sun and Moon don't come around unless it's an eclipse!”
“I guess your stupid theory makes sense. I most definitely don't get along with her and I don't even want to!”
“That's just great. I'm stuck with two idiots for the rest of the academic year. Why did I ever think high school would be better than primary school?"
“Woah woah, just be your usual rude self, you don't have to be negative too! With me around, it'll be a great year."
“That is probably the second reason for this year being an absolute disaster. This new guy is still topping my list.” Luna grumbled.
“I'm glad to be on top of that list cause guess who's on top of mine- you!”

Although the new guy was not much of a talker, Luna was glad, she had found a person whom she could channel all the annoyance she received from Karan.

While Luna was plotting on how to get this new shy kid to open up, Viraaj was just busy celebrating the fact that he talked to atleast one person on the first day.

Author's Note : Hey Guys!
Glad to see that you guys are still here to check out what happens next !
Also, I really appreciate all the support you guys are showing.
Remember to vote for this story if you like it!
Thankyou 💖