CHAPTER 20- Tell me please

“Yeah, so like this list of people, who could have been future potential boyf-” Karan was just starting to explain things to Viraaj
“KARAN! Didn't you say you have created ‘yet another masterpiece’? Why don't you recite your masterpiece for us?”
Great choice of topic for moving away from the current one Luna.
“Hush, Karan is explaining something. It's important for him to know about the list. Don't try to change the topic.”
“I'm not. Let's listen to your masterpiece.”
“You really want to?”
“You're sure you're not going to get pissed at me later?”
“No.”
“No regrets?”
“No.”
“Karan will be back with his collection of poetry." And with that Karan went back to the study room.
“I.. I'm going to leave now. You guys enjoy your poetry session. I've got something to do. Bye.”
“Hey, nooo. Don't leave me here alone for this.”
“No, no, I've really got something to do. I'll get going then.”
Viraaj had started walking towards the door, when Karan returned.
“Okay, so this latest one, is a two page long poem I wrote for your birthday. That's not gonna be recited now. I'll recite the others, they're longer and funnier.”
Viraaj and Luna exchanged glanced.
“You're probably gonna regret this.” Viraaj whispered in a low voice to Luna before turning around and waving at Karan. “I'll be leaving now. Bye. Thanks for your help.”
Viraaj gave Luna another sympathetic glance before opening the door and exiting.
“I was already regretting it the moment I asked about his poetry. Why do I do this to myself?” Luna said underneath her breath.
“You whispered underneath your breath but Karan heard it, Darling you'll not survive this tonight.” Karan said with a mischievous grin on his face.
“Please. No. Don't do this to me. You know very well, why I brought out the topic of your poetry.”
“Exactly why you will hear Karan's masterpiece today.”
“Don't you dare start reciting from that book.”
“Okay. Karan will close the book. Karan knows what he was going to recite by heart anyway.”
“Karan, my head hurts already.”
“Here it goes...”
Luna had covered her ears and was hoping she wouldn't be able to hear Karan.
“Luna's crush has been approved of by Karan and he grants her the permission to go get him.”
“What?”
“Karan said he approves of your crush and grants you the-”
“I heard that. But why?”
“Karan likes the idea of you guys together.”
“Oh, wait, I know. It's because he's your best from now, right? You can pretend like you've not replaced me with him if we're together. Right?”
“What? No, not at all. You are Karan's bestfriend.”
“Oh and what is Viraaj?”
“Karan's bestfriend.”
Then a staring contest, that lasted for almost a minute took place. Karan decided to break this glare that was coming at him and  silence followed.
“See, you're Karan's girl best friend and he is the guy best friend. You're both best friends of Karan.” Luna refused to break her stare
“Geez, stop glaring at me!”
Luna finally took her eyes off Karan.
“Fine, I'll let this slide.”
Karan gestured wiping away the sweat on his forehead, “Damn, you're scary.”
“I am scary.” Luna repeated very absentmindedly, lost in some other thoughts.
Karan noticed that, probably even figured out what she was lost thinking about.
“Anyway, you need something? What did you come yelling for?”
“Oh yeah. Forgot about that.”
“Uh huh, well, now you can tell what it is.”
“Well... I... I need notes.” Luna looked away in embarrassment.
“Notes?”
“ Umm... Yeah.”
“You're telling Karan that you stood in front of the door, yelling at the top of your voice and banging the door so hard that it could have broken because you wanted notes?”
Luna turned around and gave a faint smile in response.
“Karan doesn't understand this.”
“What do you not understand?”
“Why were you so angry then?”
“Well.... I kinda saw you tube after Viraaj from my window and you had left my house before he did.”
“So?”
“So, you didn't actually leave but waited outside for him.”
“And?”
“Why were you still standing there? And then when you were running after him, your expression was like that expression you always have when you've figured something out something that was supposed to be a secret.”
“You mean Karan's gorgeous “I'm the genius you never knew I was” face?”
“Seriously? That's what you call that expression?”
“Yeah. Why?”
“No, I just thought it was something like “You had never seen, there was always a Sherlock in me” or something like that.”
“Woaaaahhhhh, that's so cool! That's what my expression was. Yes. That's what it will be called from now on. It even rhymes!”
“You told that's what it was called the last time. Dumbhead, you don't even remember things you said.”
“Oh, that makes so much more sense.”
“What do you mean?”
“Karan was getting all suspicious about your skills at poetry. Karan thought you were somehow able to steal his talent little by little, that's why Karan is getting lesser and lesser light bulb moments.”
“What moments?”
“Light bulb moments.”
“And what are those now?”
“You know how when somebody gets an idea or realizes something there's this light bulb that glows hovering above their head... All of my poetic moments are those moments.”
“Wow... Just wow... How did I end up being  best friends with you?”
“However you ended up with Karan doesn't matter, just remember that you can never get out of this friendship. Best friend hug attack!” And with that Karan pounced onto Luna for a hug.
“Noooooo” Luna was a little late to react, and struggled in his grasp. “ I'm so going to get you for this.”
“Karan is  right here.”
“Gross, move away.” She attempted pushing him away once again and this time he moved.
“How are you so freaking strong when you literally look like you're malnourished and never in a gazillion years have you exercised?”
“Karan doesn't need to do things for becoming strong. Karan was born strong. Karan is burdened with super strength and power so invincible that-”
“Gosh! You changed the topic again!” She glared at him. Again.
Karan had this proud expression on his face that he always had when he managed to change topics when he didn't want to talk about them to Luna. It wasn't really something to be proud about though, it was very easy to do that with Luna. She has the attention span of a hummingbird. Barely focuses on one topic for enough time to know about it.
“Tell me what you found out that made you so happy.”
“No can do.”
“Wha- It has something to do with Viraaj. Tell me.”
“Karan doesn't disclose secrets.”
“But I'm your best friend!”
“So is Viraaj.”
“I've been your best friend for a longer time.”
“Doesn't matter.”
“Please. Karan. Tell me what you found out. It has something to do with that Molina, doesn't it? That's why you're not telling me anything? He's going to ask her out and he took tips from you. Right?”
“Wha-Ho...how did you arrive at that?”
“That is what it was! Oh my Gods! I finally like somebody and he's already asking out my arch nemesis and as if that's not enough, he's even scared of me!”
“Scared of you? How did you arrive at this conclusion now?”
“You're not denying the Molina part! You're only asking about the part that you yourself brought to my notice a while ago.”
“Karan brought to your notice?”
“So he is actually asking out Molina. You're trying to change the topic again. I'm not going to fall for it this time.”
“Wha- Where... Where do you get such weird thoughts from?”
“You tell me. You're the one who puts all such thoughts in my head.”
“Karan did not.”
“Can you just please tell me.”
“Well... He didn't really make Karan promise him anything. So.... Maybe... Karan can tell you?”
“YES. Tell me.”
“Wait, why are you so interested in knowing what he told me though?”
“Well... I... I just wanted to know... Nothing that interests me. Just curious.”
“You were yelling your lungs out and breaking my door because you were just curious?”
“That was for notes! I already told you that!”
“Yeah sure.”
“Fine. I want to know, because... You know why I want to know.” Luna was turning red again.
“Fine ,fine. Karan will stop teasing you. Look at you. You're nothing like the Luna, Karan has known all his life. You're somebody new.”
“Karan...”
“Fine... The conversation we had was about...”

Author's Note : Hey Guys!
Glad to see you guys are here to read!
Don't forget to vote for the chapter!

Thankyouuuuu 💛🧡