CHAPTER 8 - Mr. Goody Two Shoes Strikes Again

"There was a time you both got along so well. But all that you do now is yell. Nothing gets registered in my nutshell. Why are you both fixated on making my life hell?”
“What. Just. Happened?” Viraaj was as usual confused.
“When did you start rhyming dumbhead?”
“Karan is very talented. Karan is very creative. Everything Karan does is poetic!”
“Okay, I'm confused. Why are you doing this?”
“Well, Mr. Sun, you're new to this world but Karan has always been this way; he has always found something different to do which almost always annoy everybody around him. He is very-”
“Unique? Yes, Karan is indeed very unique.”
"You- you are very weird man.”
“I'm weird. I'm a weirdo, I don't fit in and I don't wanna fit in.”
“Here we go again! Where did you pick up that dialogue from?”
“I did not pick it from anywhere.This is an original product of mine. Although I can guarantee that this will be used by somebody, someday and which ever show/ movie and character uses it will be my favourite.”
“Sure dumbhead, keep dreaming.”
"I er.. I am still confused. What is happening?”
“Gods! This guy is always confused, I don't understand, why he is never able to comprehend anything ever? I have never seen anybody who is more confused with life. ”
“It's not like that...it's er... It's just difficult to get on to the conversation you both  have at times. Your discussions confuse me. I feel like I don't understand what you speak.”
“Hey Karan, a Pop quiz question for you. There is nobody in this world who is more confused about anything in life as much as this Mr. Confused. Yes or no?”
“Hmm, let me think. I guess I'm more confused right now.”
“Confused about what? You never care about anything. What can possibly confuse you ?”
“ For starters, you and you." Karan pointed at Luna and Viraaj as if popping a baloon. "You are my confusion!” he said rolling his eyes.
“What bullshit, how are we a confusion?”
“From what I'm guessing, you both actually like each other. But neither of you want to express the feelings you are feeling. Both of you don't really want to stay mad at each other but are just filled with pride and believe you would regret apologising and hence you wait for the other to apologize first. Don't you see? It's a loop! You are stuck in a loop.”
“Here we go again. Karan you need to-”
“You both care about each other but don't want to show it. It is annoying and frustrates me.”
“Karan, what is wrong with you ? Did you slip and roll down the stairs of that expensive palace of a place that you call home or did you hurt your head yesterday?”
“No Luna, I'm not going to let your lame talk distract me today. I want to get it all out. Once and for all. You both need to stop fighting, stop behaving like five year olds, I simply can't take it anymore, I have enough problems to deal with already, please don't make my friends one of them, just please!”
“He's right. Luna, we need to stop fighting.”
“Wha- ”
"I don't want to be the reason for upsetting anybody and ruining any friendships. I shouldn't be interfering with your lives. I'll just hangout with my cricket buddies. Begining today, we're just classmates who don't have anything to do with each other.”
“Wha- Bu- wai- I....”
“Looks like my confused personality has rubbed off on you Luna.” Viraaj smiled faintly.
“WAIT. KARAN IS NOT DONE SPEAKING! DON'T RUIN KARAN'S PLANS!”
“Karan's plans? What plans? Okay, I think I... don't understand again." Confused Viraaj was back.
“Er... Plans... Plans of getting both of you to become friends again. Yes, that's what my plan was, I mean is.”
“Karan, we're better off not being friends. I have realized that the hard way, but that's true."
“What? No! You both get along very well! You're the Sun and the Moon!"
“Exactly why we are not supposed to be next to each other.”
“That's rubbish! Scratch the Sun and Moon part. You fought last year. We're freaking 7th graders now. Can't you just stop fighting already?”
“Actually, we fought this year. It is a different academic year, but it's still the same year. It hasn't been that long....”
“What? No! Wasn't the Summer vacation enough for staying mad at each other? Come on man! This is not fair!”
“I'm sorry Karan, I am gonna go find my friends. Sorry Luna, I'll not bother you anymore. Bye.”
Viraaj smiled faintly as he walked to leave Karan and Luna alone. Luna who had not spoken for a while now finally opened her mouth. “That Mr. Goody two shoes. Why does he always have to act all high and mighty? Hmph.” Luna turned around and left.
Karan was once again, left all alone and this time he was not just sad, but also angry. He was ignited with agony from the fire that Viraaj ignited when he left smiling.
He was Karan's first actual friend. This friendship wasn't forced upon him like Luna's was. He had not become friends with him just because his parents introduced them to each other and asked them to be friends and look after each other. This was real. Even though his friendship with Luna had gradually improved and they became best friends, he always thought that she wouldn't have been friends with him if not for their parents. But with Viraaj, he actually thought he had a friend. A friend who just abandoned him after a year of friendship.
“You sure are something Mr. Good two shoes. I will win this friendship back. Don't think you can get rid of Karan this easy. You will run back to me." Karan thought to himself. This time the words didn't rhyme.
“This wasn't a poetic scene. It's sad. Very sad! Karan can't rhyme like that. Sad endings for Karan takes away that creative brainy wit with it. Karan needs a very enchanting poetic end monologue! This is not fun without that! Karan wants to feel like he's narrating a story.”
Thankfully, he's not the narrator. Although he's all humourous and fun, he can get a little bit annoying at times. Don't you think so?

Author's Note : Hey guys!
I know I've been posting very irregularly. I'm sorry about that. It has a been a stressful week. I'll try to be more regular.
Don't forget to vote!
Thankyou 💖