CHAPTER 3 - Have We Met Before?

Though Luna was trying very hard to pretend and convince herself that she does not like Viraaj, she constantly had this feeling of familiarity. Viraaj felt very familiar, as if she already knew him from before, as if she had met him before. But what she couldn't understand was- why?
“Have we met before?" she asked out of the blue during the math hour.
“Yes Luna, Karan has known you since first grade. We have been best friends from day one! ”
“We are not best friends, Karan, why do you keep saying that?”
“Karan is the only person you can call your friend, everybody else is like an acquaintance you are pretending to like because you need to survive through school.”
“WOW! You really think I am a friendless, lifeless loner, don't you?”
“Karan didn't say that, you said that yourself. But don't worry Karan will forever be your best friend.”
“You really need to get help, I think you're the one who doesn't have any friends, that's why you've been clinging onto me for so long.”
“I am not clinging onto you, I have a lot of friends.”
“ Really? Name one of them.”
“ Viraaj. See, one of my greatest friends is sitting right next to you."
“It has literally only been a day since you've met him. You don't even know if he is a serial killer or not, yet.”
“I definitely know him better than you do."
“Know him however you want to dumb head, I don't care, my question was for Viraaj, not you.”
The teacher noticed a bickering and was just about to say something when the final bell for the day went off. Even before Luna could bring her attention back to Viraaj, he was already gone.
“Wow, He is fast. Karan thought you were the fastest runner ever known, but I guess you've got some competition now.”
“Oh please, he's no match for me, I definitely run faster than that. That is the speed I ran at when I was in pre school. I am a trained athlete, tell Karan that."
“Yes! Luna is unbeatable! Karan has the flash for a best friend!”
“Flash? He's not that fast, I'm probably much more faster!”
“Yes, yes ! You're the fastest of them all, no the universe- no ,no Karan thinks you're the fastest in this whole milky way galaxy!”
“Okay, that's enough, shut up. You're not my personal cheerleader, why are you always bootlicking ?”
“It is because I'm your best friend. That's what best friends do!”
“ Umm...okay, first of all, no and secondly, you're not my best friend.”
Karan made his usual pouty puppy dog face that always works for Luna. He can get her to do anything for him with that face. She says, it's cause it reminds her of cute little puppies and you never say no to puppies, duh.
Luna sighed heavily, “Fine, you can keep dreaming of your dreamland where I am your best friend. I'm going home now, bye.”
“Hey, wait up! Karan's parents are busy today, nobody is going to pick him up. Karan will walk home with you.”
“Are you sure you can walk that distance? I've never seen you do anything remotely close to exercise. This will be exhausting for you. You poor non- exercising, super rich spoilt brat.”
“ I can walk. Forget it, I'm walking you, tell me about what you were going to ask Viraaj.”
“Oh right, about that, he feels oddly familiar, you know like I've seen him before.”
Karan already had his sincial grin plastered across his face by now. He definitely knew something and it seemed like he wasn't gonna tell.
“What's that grin about? You know something?”
“You're the moon and he's the sun. You probably came across each other during the last eclipse, it was four days ago."
“Hahaha, very funny, I get it you are Galileo."
“As much as Karan loves jokes, Karan is serious right now.”
“Yeah sure. As you say."
“It could be, or you were enemies in the life before this one and the hatred had not been settled back then, so now you meet again, only this time you have to settle down your hatred, make peace and shower love and affection on each other.”
“You've been reading a lot of fanfiction lately. You have to stop doing that. Fanfictions  are not meant for you. Just let them go away.”
“What will you do if any one of my reasoning happens to be true?”
“I'll make you run, four rounds of the whole school ground.”
“That's not how bets work! It should be of some benefit for me!”
“It will benefit you! You'll exercise for the first time ever."
“ I'm going, bye!”
“Not going to bet anymore?”
“No, that's not it. My house is right there, I'm actually going home. You can continue on your walk towards the mountains."
"It's just a small uphill climb, you can't call it a mountain just because of that."
“I said mountain because your apartment complex is called ‘Apex Zenith’. One more question before you go, does your family like astronomy a lot or something?”
“Why do you ask ?”
“Luna, Zenith, your future husband is the sun.”
“Viraaj is not my future husband. Where are you even getting those ideas from?”
“I never mentioned Viraaj.”
Luna got flustered, Karan's sinical smile was back.
“I better get going now. Rest well in your palace of a house. Bye.”
Luna could still not get the thought of Viraaj out of her head. Why was he so familiar? Why did he have that aura around him? Why did she want to fight him, the very first time they met? Who exactly was he to get her worried like that? Did they know each other?
One question kept lingering in Luna's brain- Have we met before?

Author's Note: Hi guys !!!!
I'm really looking forward to finding out how you guys are liking this story so far. Do give a feedback!
Also, if you like it, don't forget to vote for it!
Thankyou 💖