18

Peter lay in bed for hours staring at the ceiling no matter how much he tried he couldn't sleep. He got out of bed and climbed out his window up to the roof like he used to do all the time.

He knew Tony would be in the lab and Steve would be asleep, that's usually what happened. He knew he could go down with Tony but he wanted to be alone for as long as he could, until Tony found out where he was and came looking for him.

Which didn't take long after about ten minutes Peter felt his presence behind him, he turned around and Tony was walking towards him.

"You alight, Pete?" Tony asked sitting next to him.

"Yeah," he said still looking at the sky wishing there were stars.

"Can't sleep?" Tony asked.

"No but it's fine don't worry about it," Peter said still not looking at him.

"Nightmares again? You still getting them?"

"I just couldn't sleep," Peter snapped.

"Okay, how about instead of sitting up here all night you help me down in the lab?" He asked with a smile.

"What are you working on?"

"You'll see," he said standing up and holding a hand out for Peter.

Once Tony and Peter were down in the lab he saw a suit standing in front of him different from Tony's usual ones he soon realised that there was a spider on the front.

"Wait is this for me?"

"Well yeah isn't gonna fit me kiddo and you can't be SpiderMan in that onesie you were wearing."

"It wasn't a onesie."

"Looked like it," he said with a smile.

"Well it's the best I could do, but this is so awesome," he said walking over to see it properly.

"You wanna try it on?"

"Really? Yes!" Peter said excitedly.

Tony took it off the stand and handed it to Peter who walked into the other room to change, he just sat on the couch and waited.

Peter put the suit on and was really baggy on him he just walked out the room to see Tony look up and laugh.

"Uhh it's a little big," Peter said confused since it looked smaller when he first saw it.

"Hit the spider on your chest," he said with a smile on his face.

"Oh that's so cool," Peter said after hitting his chest as it suddenly shrunk to fit him.

"So you like it?"

"Yeah, this is great. Thanks dad," Peter said walking over and hugging Tony.

"No problem kiddo," he said hugging him back.

"What about the web shooters?" Peter asked after pulling away from the hug and realising they weren't there.

"There's still work to be done just needed to make sure it fit."

Peter just nodded and went to get changed back into his pyjamas. He handed Tony the suit back and sat on the couch that Tony had been on.

"Can I stay down here for a little bit?" He asked bringing his legs up and crossing them.

"Yeah, I could use the company," Tony said knowing why Peter really wanted to stay down with him.