Chapter 2

I stare at all the Asian girls, but they don't notice a thing at all.

I get back up trying to dance, but my leg hurts bad.

My dance instructor comes and stops the performance and picks me up.

I remember it was like my life just flashed before my eyes. Lucky Luke (Lucas) the dance teacher son picked me up from the dance floor and gave me an ice pack. I tried to lift my foot up but it was no used. My mother came backstage a long with my siblings. I was scared.

"Is she gonna die?" My little sister Miranda asked.

"Miranda, don't talk like that!" My mom said firmly.

"She's ruining the show!" My little brother Zack said.

"Guys, please stop talking and let this get over with!" Mom said in frustration.

I tried to stop panicking but I just couldn't help it besides cry. Eventually someone came from the audience and helped me. They checked and examined my leg. I knew something terrible was going and about to happen. I had that pain in me for who know how long.

"My prediction is that she won't be able to perform for a while." The stranger told my mom.

I froze for a minute and thought, "Wait I don't have to see those Asians girls again!" I thought to myself. But I love to dance too. To be honest.

Maddie (Her mother) told the man so if my daughter can't dance then what will she do now. That all she has. Frank told her well here's my card I would like u guys to come to my office tomorrow but until then keep her feet and ankle off the ground okay. Her mother agreed.

We watched the performance for the rest of the evening and left right after that.

With mom holding me so my feet won't hurt that much.

"Are you okay sissy?" My little sister Miranda asked.

"Yes, I'm okay." I say telling the truth.

After that the curtain closes and we all finally went home. Before me and my family could go home I had to do something. Something unexpected you might say but it wasn't that. One of the girls asked me I saw u fall are u okay? The others girl was looking at us weirdly.

Why are the Asian girls so nice to me now? Didn't they just tease me like five minutes ago?

This world is corrupted.

Like seriously, no joke.

"Yes I'm okay!" I say hiding my anger as soon as possible.

One of the Asian girls hug me and squeezes me hard.

Amber and Beth were the only ones who can feel and relate to the bad deadly pain that I had felt for so long even known they were the ones teasing me when I first got there.

Amber was a blond girl with blue eyes. Beth was a dark brown girl with green eyes.

"Why you so nice to me now?" I asked confusingly.

"We feel so bad for teasing you cause of you're color, so we apologize." Amber says.

Yeah right, just trying to lure me into you're disgusting traps huh Amber?
Amber, " No I swear I just want to your friend.
Rue, " Well you and Beth are not very nice people so why should I become friends with you guys."
Beth, " We can help you with the Choreography."
Rue, " And then what teach me wrong so that you guys can tease me again?"

"The truth is that my mom and dad had been racist to black people since I was born and they told me to treat black people unfairly." Beth says.

I roll my eyes thinking she is lying for sure.

"And me, I just go along with others and what they're doing

"What about Amber?"
Amber told me that her great assentors in their time said that blacks didn't have nothing so since then I began to treat blacks horribly like they treated my assentors
I told Amber but you're ain't even black so how do you know.
Beth told me because whites got it all.

"What session you learn? White history class?" I say not trying to be racist.

"Racist." Amber says.

"I'm usually not racist, but you could at least been nicer even though you told me the reason why." I explained to them hoping for them to understand what I'm saying.
What's ur name again or should I just call you Black or African?
Amber my name is Rue. I know my skin isn't like all white but I'm happy that I'm in a white dance class. Even know I get treated like dirt by you and Beth. Mother I'm ready to go.
Okay let's go mom said.