Chapter 3

Next day I'm at Doctor Frank office. As me and my mom walked into the exam room I began to think about if it was sprained or broken. My mom was saying don't be scared or nervous it's just a check up for my leg. I started to sing this song that they had played in the show.

Doctor Frank shows up with a clipboard in his hands searching for my name on the paper as he pronounces, "Rue? Is that your name?" "Yes it's my name." "I see that you sprained your leg and how does it feel to you?" "Like lava rushing towards me."

Doctor Frank looked at my x-ray and told me that you been dancing with this injury on for weeks and see this (he pointed at the picture) if this gets worse then it could mean surgery.

"Exposed!" My older brother says trying to be funny but not really.

"Jacob stop it, this is serious." Mom firmly says.

"One day you'll get accused for stealing something valuable and you wanna cry to you're mommy." I teased not wanting for that to really happen.

My younger siblings was at school or with dad. I sat there quietly and the doctor bend my left leg. You could see pain and tears coming down my eyes. I told him to stop it hurts make it go away. The doctor looked at me and told me it's more than a sprain it's a fracture.

"You just got owned!" My annoying brother says once again.

"How about you stand out the door and see that you just got owned." Mom instructed him.

"I'll still say something." He answers.

"Then the workers will tell you're butt to be quiet."

ROASTED!

Doctor Frank looked at my right leg to see if there was anything wrong with it as well. Doctor Frank said examining my other leg, " It just looks like there's just a bruise." I said to him, " So I wear crunches now." The doctor said, " Yes 14 days." I said, " two weeks."

"Well this is bull."

"I even had to wear crutches too when I was you're age."

I feel like mom lies when she says stuff like this just to make me feel better.

We walk out of the hospital saying to words. Getting into the car all normally.

Who knows maybe this was a good thing for me now that I don't have to see Beth and Amber at dance everyday. "What about Lucas" I said to myself. My mother asked whose he? My big brother said, " Is that your crush little sis." I told them Lucas is a boy I meant in dance.

"He's a friend!"

"Yeah right, he is you're future boyfriend!"

"Girls can be friends with boys to Jacob! So knock it off." I love how mom defends me in front of my brother.

"What about those Asians? Do you like any of them?" And again my brother annoying me.

I said once again, " No because they are mean and they are all girls."
My brother said, " So you can like girls."
I said, " I like our little sister Miranda but none of the Asians."
My brother said, " Okay fine but just for the record you own me."

"Or maybe you're Bisexual!" Jacob laughs.

"Jacob you don't know if she is unless she tells us!" Mom shouts.

"I'm straight thank you very much." I shot back.

"You're probably-"

"You know what, don't talk for the rest of the ride."

Me and my brother once agreed again for once in our life. Yes I know he's older but he acts like a kid and I'm more adult like than him. Boys these day. We drove pass the dance studio on our way home. I was looking outside the window while my brother cranked up the music.

Somebody won't told the world is gonna roam me. I ain't the shop schooling my shed. A song name all star plays in a loud and obnoxious music.

"TURN THAT MUSIC DOWN OR NO MUSIC FOR THE REST OF THE DRIVE!" Mom screams.

Jacob said, " Okay I will but after this song because this is my jam."
Mom, " No you turn the music down now or I will do it for you."
I said, " Jacob mom is asking you to make it softer so can you please show respect to her."
Jacob rolled his eyes, " Fine."

"If only we had something we could have for ourselves and we could play any type of music we liked." Jacob says to himself.

"This is 1999, get over it." I say to him.

"Maybe when we get to the 2000's it will probably come out." Mom says as we get to the house...