Absolute Embarrassment

"Ochacoooooo!"

"What, mom?"

"Come heeeeeeeeereeeeeeee!" my mom screamed, for she was excited about who knows what. I sighed, but leisurely stood up and walked to the kitchen. 

"What is it?"

"Lookie here! A flyer for a dance at UA High!" She said, shoving the crumpled paper in my face. I instantly wanted to go back to my room.

"Oh jeez...mom, you know I don't like to-" I just stopped in the middle of the sentence. She wasn't even listening anymore, just muttering to herself: "My baby's all grown up! Going to her first dance! I wonder who she'll go with! Maybe that Izuku kid. He seems like a nice guy!" Next thing you know, my face was as red as the danger symbol flashing in my head, because how in the world did she know about Deku and me? She looked at me and laughed.

"Yes, honey, I know him! When you had that sleepover at Yaoyorozu's house, we went for a spot of tea! I mentioned you and his face turned red, so I made the connection." I ran upstairs and shut my door. Tightly. I pulled out my phone (thank goodness it was there, don't need my mom going through all of my personal business with Deku). Just when I was about to play Candy Crush and wow myself with my amazing skills, I got a text. From Deku. 

{on phone}

Did you hear about the dance?

                                                                                                                                                                                   Yea, I did.

R U going?

                                                                                                                                   idk, not really a 'dancing' person

oh well, rip. I might go

Cool.

Can't wait to see you! 

Me too, me too, my mom is killing me

lol same here

well, I gotta go. see ya, deku!

Bye!

I put my phone down and stared at my ceiling, sighing. High school is frustrating. 

"Ochaco! Dinner! Come get it while it's hot!"

I sighed once again. Can't wait for Monday.