Confessions

"How do I look, mom?" I asked.

"Absolutely beautiful! Izuku is one lucky kid!" she said, teary eyed.

"No, I'm the lucky one." I smiled and heard a horn honk.

"Mom! Go get him. I'm going to go upstairs and pretend I'm not ready yet! I want to make a big entrance!" I yelled while sprinting up the stairs as fast as I can, which wasn't very fast because I had my heels on. I opened my makeup drawers and made some noise so it sounds as if I'm getting ready.

"Oh hi, Izuku! Come in! Ochaco is almost ready." 

"Thank you."

"You look very handsome in that suit. I'm glad you're the one taking my little Ochaco's heart!" I blushed, listening in on the conversation, and I'm sure Deku is blushing also.

"Y-yes, me too. Thank you."

"Although I'm very excited for you two, there are some rules." Deku was probably blushing and sweating in nervousness right now. I kind of feel bad, but I want to hear this.

"Number 1: Have fun! Number 2: Her curfew is 12:00. The dance ends at 10:30, so I'm letting you two have some fun. Go to a park, a diner, movies, whatever. Got it?"

"Yes ma'am." Now's my chance! I walk down the stairs slowly and carefully, dragging my hand down the rail. Deku looks up at me and blushes, eyes growing wide. I smile and wave, probably looking like an idiot. I walk down the steps and my mom kisses me on the cheek, getting bright red lipstick on my face.

"Oh, mom," I said, walking into her bathroom to grab a makeup remover. I wipe the lipstick off and go back into the living room, only to see Deku laughing.

"Alright, well, I don't want you guys to be late to the dance! Have fun!" mom exclaimed. Deku came up to me and grabbed my hand, leading me through the doorway.

"Bye, mom! See you later!"

"Bye!"

💥💥💥

"You look beautiful." Deku looked at me with his big green eyes. I smiled and blushed.

"You too. Well, not beautiful, b-but good. L-like handsome." I'm a wreck. This is why I don't like dances. Deku laughed and opened the passenger door for me. I hopped in and turned the heated seat on.

"Pretty cool, huh?" I guess he was talking about the heated seats.

"Yea, my butt is very warm and toasty."

"N-no, not that!" he laughed and blushed.

"Then what?"

"T-that we're here alone but together. Too bad it won't be for long." 

"Yeah, but what do you want to do after the dance is over?"

"We could go to my house and chill. My mom is on a business trip. And my dad, well, you know."

"Sounds good! I brought a change of clothes, too, so thank goodness. I might even switch to my flats before we get there. These shoes are killing me!" Deku laughed. 

"Here we are!" Deku said, opening his door.

"You know what?" I said, climbing into the back to grab my bag. And then I realized my butt was in his face. And that I didn't have shorts on underneath my dress. I sat down in the back quickly and my face turned as red as the cherry on top of a sundae, and I can say the same for Deku.

"S-sorry...uh...I-I was climbing and-uh..."

"Uh. Y-you know what, I'll j-just forget that ever h-happened." Deku said. I replaced my heels with my flats and Deku was by my side to open the door. We locked arms and walked in, only to be showered with loud music and flashing lights. 
"Wow! I wonder who's the DJ!" I said.

"What?" Deku yelled.

"I SAID WOW, I WONDER WHO THE DJ IS!" I take his hand and go to the DJ booth. I guess I wasn't surprised it was President Mic. 

"Is there any way you could turn it down a bit?" I asked, and in response, the music got a bit softer and a new song played. 

"I love this song!" I gasped and exclaimed. I activated my quirk and Deku and I floated towards the ceiling. He grabbed my hands and spun me around and then into him. I looked up at him and blushed. He smiled and spun me around again. I started to get nauseous and nearly avoided throwing up. I lowered us down and ran to the ladies restroom and hurled my guts out. I don't think it was just from my quirk, I think part of it was because of the butterflies in my stomach from being around Deku. Someone entered the room, and I wasn't looking forward to it, because I would end up going to the nurse. 

"Ochaco? Are you in here? Are you okay?" It was Deku's voice. He came into the women's room for me.

"Y-yeah, but I won't let you see me like this."

"Well, then I'll stay here until I know you're okay."

"I-I'm okay, really."

"You don't sound okay. I need to physically see that you're okay."

"What if someone comes in?" I ask. I hear a click.

"Now no one can come in." He's really not giving up. I grab a wad of toilet paper to make sure nothing's on my face, and I think of the incident in the truck to bring some color back to my face. I unlock the stall door and open it slowly. He runs up to me, wraps his arms around my waist and puts his face on my shoulder.

"I'm okay. Seriously." 

"Alright. Don't scare me like that."

"Sorry...I didn't want to hurl all over you."

"I wouldn't care."

"I think you would."

"Anyway, I'm starving. Wanna grab something?"

"I don't know if I can."

"Well, you can walk with me then." He unlocked the door and walked me to the bar. He got some punch and some fruit. He lead me to a table. 

"Why did you ask me to the dance?" I said, holding my breath. I hope it wasn't some stupid dare.

"Because...well...um..."

"What?"

"I-I l-like you." 

"W-what?"

"Please don't make me say it again."

"Well, um, me too."

"You don't want me to say it again either?" He looked hurt.

"N-no!" I grabbed the top of his collar and kissed him. He tensed up, so I guess he has never kissed anyone, but neither have I. I can tell he tried to relax, but he couldn't. I pulled away, afraid it lasted too long. 

"So do you like me or no?" Deku asked, shakily. 

"That doesn't spell it out in bright yellow capital letters?"

"Er..um...why don't we blow this popsicle stand and head to my house?"

"That's a great idea." I said. He wrapped his fingers around mine and we got in his truck.

He kept one hand on the wheel and one hand in mine.