7. The ship

" Okay, what about we just get some books from the library and read them in the garden." I said to Loki while walking to the library. 

" You want to read outside?" he asked. 

" Yes, it's such a beautiful day." I told him. The sun was shining bright and I wanted to make the most out of those beautiful gardens he had showed me.

" Okay." he agreed. We got some books and set up a little reading spot in the garden. A blanket on the grass in front of the fountain with some cushions. 

I had chosen a book about humans, I wanted to know what they knew about us. So I sat down and started reading.

...Humans are mortal creatures who live on Midgard. They look similar to us, but let me assure you, they aren't. Their life span reaches only, around 80 years, making them quite irrelevant to us Asgardians. Allfathers have told us, they are insignificant due to their lack of intelligence and strength. Therefore they are not welcome on Asgard....

I had told both Thor and Loki I was human, but they hadn't told their father. " Do you know humans aren't welcome on Asgard?" I asked Loki. 

He looked up from his book " I do." he said. 

" Oh." I said. 

He smiled " Don't worry, Father believes you're from Xandar." 

I started to read again but looked at Loki. Their life span reaches only, around 80 years. Only? " How old are you?" I asked him. 

" 1052." he said. 

That was crazy." Wow you're like, ancient." I laughed. 

" Ancient?" he asked confused " How old are you then?" 

" 19." I told him. 

" Well, you look at least a thousand." he said. Which was a weird thing to hear.

" Thank you, I guess?" I smiled. I was pretty sure it had been a compliment.

After reading some more he asked " When will our next date be?" 

" Whenever you want." I said. 

" This evening?" he asked. 

" Sure." I said. 

" Maybe you could show me that music you played while we were working." 

I looked over my book to him " I thought you didn't like my music." I said. 

" Maybe I can learn." he smiled. 

" Okay," I smiled " My ship, tonight at sunset."

That night after dinner I made my way to the ship. Loki was already waiting, leaning on my ship. " Finally." he said.

 " What do you mean finally? Where were you at dinner?" I asked him. 

" I was here, the sunset started an hour ago." 

I looked at the sun, it was still there. " I meant when it actually starts to disappear behind the horizon." I told him. 

" See, I didn't know that." he said. 

" Now, you go sit on top of the ship, I'm getting earbuds." I jumped in my ship and grabbed my earbuds. I crawled on top of the ship and sat down next to Loki. I got out my walkman and changed the headphone for the earbuds. 

" Here." I said handing one of them to him. He just looked at it in his hand. After putting in the cassette I said " You put it in your ear, like this." I showed him how to do it. He put it in his ear and looked at me, confused. I pressed play and Bring it on home to me started playing. He was surprised by the music, directly going into his ear.