14. The edge

After breakfast Loki told me he was gonna be gone for a few hours. " Where are you going?" I asked him while he put on his helmet. Frigga and I were both still eating. 

" Jotunheim." he told us, knowing something would be said about it. 

" Why?" his mother asked tense. 

" Don't worry mother, I'm asking if they'll have a truce. We can't be living in war now that dad's not on the throne." he told her. 

" That's very thoughtful of you." Frigga told him. He really was a good king, maybe Odin shouldn't have chosen Thor. 

" I'll see you this afternoon." he told me after giving me a kiss on the cheek. 

" Bye." I said when he walked out. 

" He's actually a really good king." Frigga said and took a sip from her apple juice.

A few hours later Loki arrived at the palace again. " How did it go?" I asked him. 

" Not that well." he told me " They don't want a truce." 

" Does that mean there's gonna be a war?" I asked worried. 

" As long as Heimdall's doing his job there's nothing to worry about." Loki assured me. 

" Thank god." I sighed " So we can just go on our date tonight?" I asked, hoping he'd say yes. 

" Of course." he smiled.

We were once again on a date. But this time we weren't reading in the garden or having dinner in the finest place on Asgard. Loki had lead me onto a small boat, and we ended up pretty close to the edge of Asgard. He attached the boat to the last rock in the water and lead me to the front of the boat. We sat down and he took out some food and wine. 

" It's beautiful." I said looking out to the stars. 

" Not as beautiful as you." he smiled. 

I rolled my eyes " Can you be any cheesier?" 

" I could compare you to the stars in the sky." he joked. 

" You're such a flirt." I smiled and kissed him.

When we were eating I looked at the edge again " What's underneath?" I asked Loki. 

" Of Asgard?" he asked. 

" Ehe." I said taking a bite of cheese. 

" Just mountains." he told me. 

" Do people live there?" I asked. 

" Oh no, you'd fall off into the nothingness." he explained.

We were lying down, gazing at the stars. " How does it feel, being king?" I asked while playing with his hair. 

" It's nice." he said, and it sounded like he was gonna ad a but. 

" But?" I asked. 

 " Thor's friends don't seem to like it." he sighed. 

" Why not?" I asked confused. 

" They asked me to bring Thor back and I had to refuse, you know, because I can't undo Odin's last command." 

" They just miss him." I told him " And he doesn't know about Odin, they just want him to be safe." 

He turned his head to me " I know." he agreed. " Mother told me she really likes your company." he then said. 

" She does?" I asked. 

" Yes, she likes talking to you." 

" She really is a nice woman. I'll visit her again tomorrow." I told him. 

" Did you bring your music?" he suddenly asked. 

I looked at him " You really like those songs don't you?" I asked. 

" They grow on me." he smiled. 

I grabbed my walkman and pressed play. We lay there, all night, listening to music, and talking.