V. Truth Revealed

"Took a couple marathons just to get established..."

July 4th, 2007

"Onika we have to do something tonight...I'm serious, this is my first night free after being on punishment since school let out." Kelly whined before laying across Nicki's bed, of course Nicki's house was the first place she'd come, they were like white on rice.

"We can do something kellz...but I know the only thing you want to do is what got you in trouble in the first place." Nicki said as she flipped through the magazine she was reading, she knew Kelly wanted to smoke and truthfully she didn't know where her best friend had picked up the habit either, but Kelly was a glutton for punishment and once her mind was set on something she had to see it through.

"Only reason I really got in trouble is because Ermias gave his last to me and not my mama, who claims she 'don't smoke' when I know she be high as hell in her room after she get off work!" Kelly said exasperatedly, Nicki laughed because she knew Kelly's mother smoked but she was indeed adamant that she didn't.

"Well Kelly that is your mother...and no matter how backwards her logic may seem, you know what she says goes...when did you start smoking anyways?" Nicki asked, she remembered the day Kelly called her and told she was on punishment, but she never got the chance to ask how she'd been caught smoking when she never recalled her doing it.

"Well shit I was stressed out about making sure my grades was straight for the end of the year since you know senior year is coming up, Ermias was rolling like he usually does and I just asked if I could hit it...I thought he'd say no but he actually said yes and let me smoke with him." Kelly explained, Nicki nodded her head, she knew Ermias, Kelly's older half brother well since he was head over heels for one of Ming's close friends Lauren, he was smart as hell and looked out for her like a big brother.

"Hmph and let me guess one time was all it took for you to become a lil weed head." Nicki laughed while giving Kelly a knowing look.

"Girl whatever! It keeps me calm you know I got anger issues." Kelly said as Nicki continued to laugh.

"You laughing but I'm serious don't knock it till you try it." Kelly said as she got up reaching for her bottle of fruit punch.

"Who said I haven't?" Nicki asked as she watched Kelly's face turn into a look of surprise, she hadn't actually told her of the whole thunderstorm ordeal since she was on punishment.

"Not innocent Onika...no way that you smoked...Ming don't play that shit...and besides you said you'd wait until your 18th birthday." Kelly said and it was indeed true she was going to wait...but who could really say no to someone like Beyoncé?

"Yea well I guess things change...maybe for the better in this case." Nicki said as she instantly felt butterflies in her stomach thinking about Beyoncé and the unexpected night they had.

"For the better huh? And I'm gonna ignore the fact you smoked without me...but to whom does the pleasure belong to for seeing Nicki high for the first time because I know you were tripping." Kelly teased as Nicki rolled her eyes because she honestly didn't trip out as bad as she'd thought even though her mind had a few thoughts she knew she couldn't verbalize on it.