Friends- Kris x Reader

The bell finally rings, signalling the end of the school day. 'Thank god,' you think, quickly grabbing your notebooks and shoving them into your bag before shuffling out of Ms. Alphys's classroom. Unfortunately, the school day was nowhere near over for you, because you still need to study for tomorrow's algebra test. Lucky for you, your best friend Kris also needs to study, and offered to study with you at their house.

    When they had asked you, you said, "Sure, I'll come over! That's what friends are for!" and smiled at them. Inside, your soul was dying because of what you just said.

    You try not to focus on that memory, however, and fiddle with the lock on your locker until it finally opens. You retrieve the last of the books you need, slam your locker shut, turning to walk out towards the door-

    "..."

    You forgot that you and Kris had lockers right next to each other. 

    You also forgot that they go to their locker at the same time as you.

    That's why your face is now just centimeters from theirs.

    You're close enough to see their scarlet eyes staring back at you. They don't seem fazed, but are also curious as to why you're so close to them. Before they can say anything, you hop back from them.

    "Sorry, Kris..."

     They nod back at you, and gesture to the door. You smile at them, trying to forget what just happened, hoping that they didn't see how red your face got. The both of you begin to walk towards Kris's house.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.yeet-.-

    You stand behind Kris while they unlock the door with their spare set of keys. They turn to look at you, and gesture you to come inside. You enter to a sweet scent, but you can't quite put your finger on what it is. Saying nothing, Kris disappeared into the kitchen. A few moments later, they returned with two plates with pie.

    "Thank you, Kris!" You smile at them. "Did you make it?"

    They simply reply, "Mom."

    Ah, yes, Goat Mom, she acts like the mother to the entire town. No wonder Kris seems so happy to be here.

    Kris motions with their hand, inviting you to come upstairs with them. Kris leads you to what seems to be their bedroom. There are two beds across from each other- one with what seems to be shelves full of trophies and CDs under the bed, the other barren and empty.

    Kris hops onto the bed that resides on the empty side, and begins eating their pie, their usual expressionless face on. You eat pie together in silence. It wasn't quite an awkward silence, but rather a soothing silence, where you two just enjoy each other's presence.

    Before you know it, your slices of pie are finished, and Kris takes out a binder, title facing you. They point at its label, "Algebra."

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

    You yawn and stretch your arms out, exhausted from studying for so long. Who knew quadratic equations could be this energy-consuming? You try to muster any energy you have left to remain awake.

"Okay, so... factoring... 3(x + 2y) and... x^2(x + 2y)... would... be..."

You fall silent after that. Kris looks over their shoulder, and find you asleep, your head resting on the textbook. They break their poker face, for just a moment, and smile at you. They take the blanket off of their bed, and lay it across you, and kiss you on the forehead, trying not to wake you up.

"Sleep well, (Y/N)..."