1.1

katie's pov

when i woke up my head was pounding. i'd never had this bad of a hangover before, i was always careful about how much i drank. i guess not this time, though. i sat up as slowly as i could and noticed the water by my bed. i took the small ibuprofen before stretching my body. i wonder when we got home last night. looking at the clock, it said it was just past 1 in the arvo. shit, i was not expecting that. i laid back down, letting the medicine kick in. it took what felt like forever, but when i finally didn't feel like i was going to pass out i got up, noticing i was still in my dress from last night. i threw on some soft shorts and a nirvana tshirt i stole from michael, probably. my stomach grumbled, moving me to the kitchen. calum and luke were sitting at the counter eating bowls of cereal. their attention went straight to me as i yawned.

"hey katie, how are you feeling?" calum asked, taking a sip from his juice. his voice was very quiet, probably on purpose because of how much i drank last night. how much did i even drink?

"the hangover is bitching," i mumbled, grabbing my own bowl of cereal.

"i would imagine at the rate you were going," he chuckled nervously, glancing between luke and i. i didn't remember luke drinking that much, i did remember him grabbing a whole bottle of vodka thought so who knows what happened after that.

"i don't usually drink that much," i told him, enjoying my brekkie. it's true, i usually limit myself way more than that. i don't know what came over me last night.

"well it seemed like fun," he finished, putting his glass in the sink.

"what about you, luke, got a hangover?" i asked him between bites. he hadn't said anything this morning which was strange of him, usually he was always making small talk.

"a little, but not too bad," he mumbled, sipping his water. why was he being so weird? maybe he's grumpy when hungover, i've never seen him hungover before.

"did you enjoy yourself last night, though?" calum continued the conversation, sending some kind of look at luke. i guess he noticed the grumpiness, too.

"yeah, i remember dancing a lot. the music was good. i think i remember this kid james showing up, as well. that happened right, lucas?" i'm pretty sure it did, but it could have been some kind of dream. it's hard to tell right now what actually happened.

"um yeah, but i got him to leave," he told me, looking at me for the first time. he had big bags under his eyes, he must not have slept a lot last night.

"well thank you, i guess that was the most eventful thing that happened then." i finished my small bowl and decided to grab some biscuits, i deserved them after the headache i woke up with.

"i guess, i'm glad you at least had a good time," calum said, heading into the living room. i decided to follow him, luke still seeming in a bad mood. a few minutes of sitting and watching cartoons passed before luke walked right past us and into his room, slamming the door. i gave calum a worried look, but he just sighed and shook his head.

"was it something i said?" i asked, glancing towards luke's door. he'd never been this upset around me, not that i could remember at least.

"he's just in a bad mood, it happens sometimes. he'll get over it." i sat back in my seat trying to focus on the show. i thought luke had a good time last night, i remembered us doing a lot of dancing. he looked like he had a ton of fun, but maybe i was wrong. i remembered him not wanting to play that card game aiden started, but i doubt that ruined his night. what was i missing?

"he's been in there for hours, are you sure we shouldn't check on him?" i asked calum, who continued to relax in his seat. he had called ashton over, saying something about luke being in a funk again. ashton came over and tried to knock on the door, but luke had it locked. he said we best just wait it out.