1.2

it was, in fact, not at all easy to forget about my feelings for luke. the more i saw him around the flat the more i thought about him, which resorted in me spending all day and night locked in my room. for some reason luke was avoiding me, which was fair because i was also avoiding him. was he avoiding me for the same reason? definitely not, he was probably avoiding me because he didn't know how to let me down. luckily rose would be here tomorrow to help me figure out my shit.

i had spend most of the day sitting in my room, reading some random book i found among my things. it wasn't even a good book, but being cooped up in here was torture. it was already dark out and i was going mad staring at the walls.

"katie, come out here!" michael yelled, scaring me a little. why was he yelling? i put the book down and unlocked my door, running out to the living room. my socks slid against the hardwood floor, sending me crashing right into none other than luke. he caught me right before i fell and hurt my wrist again. i gave him a small smile, avoiding his eyes, before glancing around to see what michael needed. before my eyes could find him i saw rose standing by the door, a mini suitcase at her feet.

"rose!" i yelled, running right up to her and pulling her into a hug. i really missed seeing her almost everyday, i make too many dumb decisions without her. i grabbed her bag and took it straight to my room, locking the door behind us.

"i'm going crazy here," i told her, causing her to burst out laughing at my expense. she had been reminding me every chance she got of how it was okay to have a crush on him.

"just talk to him, k. you guys are friends," she told me, relaxing on my bed. that does seem like the obvious answer, but much easier said than done. i didn't think i was ready to face him, not sober at least.

"let's do something fun, then maybe i'll consider it." she shot me a wink before going straight to my closet, finding the both of us something to wear. we got ready and headed out to the living room, to let everyone know we were leaving.

"we're going to find a party, anyone care to join?" rose announced to the boys.

"i think i know of one, i'll go with," calum said, jumping out of his seat on the couch. luke just shook his head, not even looking at us. i definitely was right and i was definitely going to be making a fool of myself later.

"i was going to just go to crystal's tonight," michael added with a smile.

"that one wasn't surprising at all," calum mumbled before grabbing his car keys. he made a comment about texting ashton to meet us there, but i'm not sure he ever sent the text. the drive to wherever we were going wasn't long and as soon as we got there i recognized aiden standing outside. i yelled out his name as we got out of the car, catching his attention right away.

"katie! here to get smashed again?" i laughed with him a little as he led the way to the kitchen and the night started over again.

-

i made sure not to go overboard this time, i wanted to remember everything in the morning. that didn't stop me from having fun though. aiden and i danced around all night while rose played wingman for calum. i didn't think it was going well, but she looked like she was enjoying herself.

"i need some water," i yelled to aiden, walking away towards the kitchen. he followed behind as i found a water bottle tucked away in the fridge. i took a giant swig before handing the bottle to him.

"so what's the deal with you and hemmings?" he asked me as i took a seat at the counter. honestly what a great question.

"i have zero idea," i laughed, taking another sip of water.

"how do you know him?"

"he's my brother's friend," i told him, just now realizing another problem with this little crush. mikey would hate this, he would kill luke. he got mad at him for being shirtless on a couch while i was there, imagine if he had been home when i left luke's room instead of calum.