1.9

"i don't get why she just can't stay here," calum mumbled as we waved rose's bus goodbye. it seemed to be getting at him a lot, maybe he had stronger feelings for her than i thought.

"calum?" i asked, trying to tread lightly. he glanced at me and raised his eyebrow, waiting for me to speak.

"you don't have feelings for rose, do you?" i asked him, causing his head to shoot to the side. his eyebrows shot up as he began to deny it.

"katie, what even are you talking about? have you met me?" i held my hands up in surrender as luke pulled the car around to pick us up. calum climbed into the backseat without another word to me.

"was she sad?" luke asked me, fiddling with the radio.

"i think she was excited to see her dad," i told him honestly.

"what's the big deal with seeing her dad?" calum asked me, looking down at his phone the entire time. i glanced at mine too before turning around to look at him.

"i'm just asking as a friend, relax," he said, rolling his eyes at me.

"ask her yourself," i mumbled. luke just looked at me confused, but i shook my head so he would drop it. when we got to the apartment we all sat around, hoping ashton and michael would barge in with another announcement. when ashton showed up with a beer we figured they would have to wait a little bit before another big break could be caught.

rose: laura is already on my case about staying the extra night

katie: tell her your life is none of her business

rose: miss you

"rose made it home," i told everyone as we watched some movie calum picked out. he had been grumpy ever since we dropped rose off.

"i know, she texted me." i glared at him before putting my phone down and going to the kitchen to make myself some lunch. luke followed closely behind me.

"what was all of that about?" he asked me, leaning against the counter casually.

"he's being so weird about rose!" i said, frustrated. i grabbed a box of cereal bars and began unwrapping one.

"cut him some slack, katie. he's upset," luke said, his voice whiny. i glared at him.

"i told you to tell him this! i knew this would happen!" i said, my voice growing louder.

"oh come on, this is my fault?" he scoffed at me, his arms crossed over his chest.

"i said he needed to know what he was getting into and you just encouraged him!"

"this is not my fault, katie," he said, his voice hard. i just rolled my eyes before stomping off to my room. ridiculous. before i reached my door calum called my name. when i turned around his eyes were a little sad.

"katie, he's right. it's my fault not his," he said. i just nodded and went into my room anyway. i picked up a book and began reading it, luke coming in shortly after and sitting next to me. we sat together, me with a book and him on his phone, for a while. we didn't say anything, but we were okay. at one point i rested my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes. i wasn't sleeping, just laying there with him.

-

"let's go to a party," calum said one morning shortly after rose left. i just looked at him, confused. he shrugged and continued eating his breakfast without another word. when i glanced at luke he didn't say anything and kept eating. everyone was quiet the rest of the day, we just sat around the living room doing our own things. at about eight pm i went to take a shower and when i came back calum was talking about a party.