Chapter 4

I walked out of the taxi cab, fidgeting in the short black dress I was wearing, before grabbing my small purse and closing the door behind me. My heels clinked against the damp London streets as I spotted the bar that Hobbs was mentioning.

The only thing I packed for this mission was this itchy and annoying dress, and these god awful stilettos, an unwelcome change from the skinny jeans and combat boots I've come to love. I was thankful that I still wore my leather jacket when a chill breeze swept through the wind, making a shiver travel up my spine.

The dress I wore was an expensive spaghetti strap dress that ended at my upper thighs. It was tight, and hugged my figure, accentuating my curvy waist and plump ass. The agency provided e this dress, and I scowled and mentally cursed those perverted fuckers for choosing this horrid dress. I started walking towards the bar as I wrapped my arms around myself, trying to keep warm as another breeze swept through me.

How do women wear these torture contraptions they call heels?

I feel like my ankles are going to fucking snap off.

And this dress, god good.

Even if it's Dior, this fucking sucks.

I gripped the handle of the metal bar door, and quickly opened it and walked inside the bustling bar. The inside of the facility was dim, and was barely lit by the red florescent lights that lined the ceiling. There were black leather couches against the walls, a glass and modern table in front of each piece of furniture. I watched as the patrons drank out of martini classes and tumblers while dining on expensive appetizers. The bar top was made of glass, and a red hue emitted from underneath it. The bar stools were tall, and modern, with a backrest on each of them with a plush seat. It wasn't very packed tonight, and I could easily walk around without bumping into anyone.

My eyes scanned the room, looking for anyone suspicious that could be affiliated with the European Mafia. I decided to go to the bar, and try my luck there. My heels clinked against the stone floor, until I finally made my way to the end of the bar, the seat that had the couches to the left of me, and the bar to the right of me. I sat down and leaned my elbows on the counter and arched my back seductively, as if I'm begging to be kidnapped and sold into sex trafficking...well because I am.

"What can I get you pretty lady?" The bartender asked, his english accent dripping off of his every word. He was younger, and had a boyish look to him. His brown shaggy hair and almond shaped eyes only added to his childlike appearance.

"Whiskey neat, please." I said as I gave him a small smile.

"Ahhh. Is that an American accent I hear?" He said as he smirked at me and started to grab a bottle from underneath the counter.

"It is." I said as I nodded slightly.

"So what's a beautiful American girl like you doing in London?" He asked as he looked down and started to pour the liquor into a tumblr.

"I'm on a much needed vacation." I lied as I smiled and leaned forward slightly. I was use to being undercover before, so lying didn't bother me. Come to think of it, it never really has before.

"With some friends? Family?" The nosey bartender asked as he handed me my drink. I took it in my hands and took a large gulp of it.

"My family died when I was 18, and ever since then, I've always liked being alone." I said as I smiled and took another drink. The smile on his face dropped when he heard this, and he leaned against the countertop, inching his face closer to mine.

"I'm gonna tell you this because you seem like a nice girl. You should probably leave, and don't come back on this side of town again." He whispered urgently and quickly as he looked around suspiciously.

"Why's that? I heard this was one of the best bars in London?" I said innocently as I tilted my head in curiosity, acting as oblivious as I can.

"It is one of the best bars in London, you picked a good spot." A thick Russian accent called out from beside me as I heard someone take the seat next to me. I turned my head to see one of the men on the files: James Brovonski, the man who was suspected to run Calderon's operations.

Of course it had to be the most fucking intimidating one. Lucky. Fucking. Me.

"Bartender, go fetch her another drink will you? On me." He said as he glared at the bartender. The man behind the bar shook his head once before quickly making another drink.

"That's very kind of you Mr..." I said as I raised my eyebrow at him curiously.

"Smith. James Smith." The fucker lied as he smiled a devious smile at me. The scars that lined his face were prominent underneath the red florescent lights. His brown eyes looked almost black, and his hair was shaggy and untamed. Tattoos covered his body up to his neck, and his tall and muscular appearance just made him look that much more deadly.

"Well nice to make your acquaintance Mr. Smith." I said smoothly. The bartender gave me a look of pity before sliding the drink over to me, and one to James, before quickly walking away with his head down.

"And who might you be?" He asked as he grabbed the drink in front of him and downed it in one go.

"Blaze. Blaze Simmons. Nice to meet you." I said as I smiled and held out my hand. He grabbed it and flipped it over, so my palm was rested against his.

"A beautiful name for a beautiful woman." He said as he kissed the back of my hand, making my skin crawl. I covered up the uneasiness I felt inside of me with a small smile, and fought back the urge to break his hand.

"Fancy accent you got there. Where are you from?" I asked, trying to get as much information from him as I could.

"Moscow. The greatest city in the world." He said as he smiled and grabbed his drink.

"What brings you to London Mr. Smith?" I asked as I took a sip of my drink and looked behind him to see two men staring right at us. They were both in suits, and had tattoos on their hands and serious expressions on their faces. Based off of how intently they were watching us, those must be his henchmen, considering Mafia members are too scared to go out alone... pussies.

"Business, and some pleasure." James said as he looked over at me with an evil smirk.

"Looks like we have that in common." I whispered as I finished my drink and pushed off the bar top. They just need to hurry the hell up and kidnap me already, all this small talk is getting on my damn nerves.

"Thank you again for the drink, Mr. Smith." I said before standing up and walking away, Jame's eyes locked on me the entire time as well as the men standing in the corner. I reached the door and looked back one last time, surprised to see that the stool that James was sitting on was now vacant. I glanced at the bartender who slightly shook his head at me while his eyes were wide, as if warning me not to leave the bar. I gave him a quick smile, and grabbed the door handle. He immediately bent down and I saw him quickly grab his phone before I turned around and walked out of the door.

I walked slowly along the sidewalk of the barren street. The pavement was damp from the recent rain, and the street lights were dim. I looked around for the most convenient place for someone to conduct a kidnapping, and saw an alleyway a few feet away from me. I stood by the entrance of the dark ally, and pulled out a cigarette from my purse.

I held the cigarette between my teeth, and lit it as I leaned against the brick wall. I grabbed the cigarette between my fingers, and exhaled deeply as I waited patiently for my abductors to arrive. It was rather rude that they were making me wait this long.

As if one cue, a black SUV pulled up in front of me, skidding to a stop. I felt a prick on my neck as I turned my head slightly. I saw James pull out a syringe from my neck, and I felt my body start to go numb from the drug he injected me with. He wrapped an arm around my waist and dragged me to the car while I tried struggle a bit, just so they wouldn't get suspicious. He tossed me in the backseat before threw a bag over my head.

And within a few seconds...I drifted off into unconsciousness, hearing the roar of the engine fade away into nothingness.

Well... mission accomplished I guess.