Chapter 14

"Hey Blaze, wait up!" I heard Jolie call out from behind me. I was fuming, absolutely fucking livid at the way Ryder completely humiliated me and scolded me in front of everyone like I was a damn child.

I stopped walking, and turned over my should to see Blaze, Matteo, and a two others quickly walking after me. I exhaled deeply as I slowly walked out into the backyard, letting the light breezy caress my skin as I closed my eyes in an attempt to calm down.

The backyard was beautiful. It had a massive infinity pool that overlooked the lush and green gardens below. It was on the second story, so the view was magnificent. The pool was illuminated by a light blue light underneath the water, making everything glow with the soft light. There was a waterfall that was running, and you could easily access it, and jump off the 20ft ledge into the deep pool below. Behind the waterfall, was a fully stocked bar, and six bar seats were under the water, making it accessible while you swim.

I heard footsteps behind me as I took another deep breath, feeling my anger slowly slip away and regaining control before I smashed someones face in.

"Hey. Ignore him. He can be a real fucking asshole." Jolie said softly as I felt her hand grip my shoulder lightly.

"Yeah, I noticed." I said as I chuckled as looked over at her.

"Fuck them. All of them. I'll stay here with you." Matteo said as he walked up behind Jolie and smiled at me.

"Same." Jolie said as she smiled at me as well. I looked over to the woman and two men standing behind her and they looked at me with a smile as they nodded as well.

"Are you sure? You guys don't have to, really." I said as I furrowed my eyebrows at their kind gesture.

"We aren't staying because we feel bad, we're staying because we want to." The woman behind them said as she smirked and stepped forward.

"Any friend of Jolie's is a friend of ours. I'm Harley." She said as she held out her hand, her British accent dripping off her words. She had short blond hair and sharp features. Her brown eyes shimmered underneath the moonlight and I could tell by her relaxed and calm demeanor that she hid danger behind her beauty. She was thin and curvy, and was taller and was about 5'8, a few inches taller than me.

"This is my brother Jax," She said as she pointed to a man behind her. He had shaggy and curly hair, it was untamed yet stylish all the same. He was lean, and toned. Tattoos were placed sporadically throughout his body, highlighting his muscular arms. He was attractive as well, sharp jawline, brown eyes, but he had a kiddish look to him... and seemed somewhat... familiar. He smirked at me as he gave me a slight nod while his arms were crossed in front of his chest. I felt like everyone in this damn Mafia had to be a model in order to join, every single member is fucking flawless.

"Nice to see you again, Blaze." Jax said as he smirked.

Wait a fucking minute....

"You were the bartender... the night I got kidnapped?" I said to him, making him nod slightly.

"I was doing some intel for Ryder. We shut down our sex trafficking operations two years ago. Turns out James Brovonski was disobeying Ryders orders and running them behind our backs." He explained as I saw Jolie tense slightly before she smiled.

Shut down sex trafficking? How come the CIA doesn't have any information on this?

"I was doing some undercover work there, trying to find out where he was taking the girls. I was the one who called Ryder after I saw you leave. So thanks for leading us to 'em." Jax said as he smiled.