Chapter 11

Sorry I haven't published in a while, a made a chapter a couple weeks ago but it deleted and idk how *cries* so here it is, re written. Btw, I got a new cover for this, credit to @Angelicaisangel  :)
Also this used to be called "Stuck in the Past" but now it's "Rewind" sorry for any confusion

Y/n's p.o.v

I stood, frozen in place where Amy had left. I didn't know what to do. I stood in the same spot, in disbelief, for a while. I resumed my pacing. What am I going to do? I just... stay? I get a job and live the rest of my life here? I couldn't believe it. What about everything back home? What about my friends and family? Well, I would never see them again. Then sunk in. The harsh truth, and Amy's words had processed. I would never see my friends or family ever again. I suddenly collapsed to the floor, my face in my hands. Tears slowly began to pour down my face, once again. I sat on the floor, shaking from sorrow and despair for what seemed like hours. I wanted someone to comfort me, to "look on the bright side" and hold me. I want my family, and Amy's sensible, calm attitude. But that's not possible. We are centuries apart. I looked around what used to be Amy's room. It seemed so big and cold, So unwelcoming. I couldn't stay here. I need to let my feelings out, to talk to someone and be comforted. My mind instantly thought of Peggy. Oh, she was so sweet. She could probably be a therapist, she's got the experience from comforting her sisters in their breakups and arguments. I picked myself up off the ground and got ready. Before leaving, I grabbed one of Peggy's letters I had saved. It had her address on it, she gave it to me because she wanted me to visit right when I got back from the journey. I brushed a stray lock of hair from my face and realized my cheeks were wet. I freshened up and then set out to Peggy's house.

~~~Time skip brought to you by the lazy author~~~~

I briskly walked past several cute apartments, scanning the addresses until I found Peggy's. I took a deep breath and knocked. I heard light footsteps and a cheerful voice,
"Coming!" The door opened and her kind face peered out. Her expression darkened for a moment but quickly changed to concern when she looked at my puffy eyes, messy hair and trembling lip. She quickly led me inside without a word. Her presence already calmed me. Peggy hugged me tightly then sat me down on the couch and brought some cheese and crackers over.
"Now tell me what happened." She said gently. I exhaled deeply and released tension in my posture that I hadn't realized was there, and I began talking. At times I choked, at the end I cried and Peggy was there for me. She was so calming and comforting, I thanked her a million times. Afterwards, I smiled and felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I had gotten all my feelings out, I had been consoled and I was even feeling a little optimistic. Yes, I won't see my family or old friends ever again. Yes, it will be painful. But I will stay here, with my new life and great friends. While we were eating lunch on her couch, I asked her the question that was still nagging me.
"So... do you believe me? About all the time traveling stuff?" Peggy paused and thought for a minute and but her lip.
"Well... I really thought that you were lying to me about why you had to leave, and it hurt. But I thought about it, and the excuses you could have made that wouldn't have been so hard to believe. And when you came here today, I don't think you could have faked those emotions and stories, so... I guess I believe you." Peggy finished awkwardly. My eyes filled with tears again- but they were tears of joy. I hugged her tightly. The last bit of tension dissolved, and I felt like I was finally free.
"On other topics, Eliza has begun wedding planning, and its such a nightmare. Ugh, I love her, but sometimes I want to strangle her." We giggled.
"Oh yeah! I forgot Alex ...." I suddenly froze. Peggy looked up.
"What is it? What happened?" I was at loss for words.
"I-ju-John-ohmygod."
I began to quickly string proper words together.
"I completely forgot. John-he proposed!" Peggy was still.
"John- WHAT?!?!" She shouted. "How could you not tell me?!"
"I-I don't know! I forgot!" I smiled.
"Quickly! Write back to him! Right now!" She yelled, scrambling to get paper, a quill and some ink. Thirty seconds later, I was giddy and quickly writing a response. I kissed the sealed letter and set down the quill.
"Okay... but you just...forgot?" Peggy said, a smile creeping onto her lips. We giggled. "How do you just...FORGET that someone wants to MARRY you?!" She burst into laughter and I laughed too. Suddenly we couldn't stop laughing. We were on the floor, gasping for air in between the hysterical fits of giggles and laughs. After a few minutes, or hours, we got up and put on our coats to go to the post office. Peggy still had the giggles. We skipped and twirled to the on our way there, and then quickly acted more mature as we gained unwanted attention from strangers. I hummed gleefully as we handed the letter over.
"Ugh, now I want to see John so badly. He's probably worried that he hasn't gotten a response yet." I told Peggy.
"Well, some soldiers are coming back for the war, you know. They'll be here in about a week."
"WHAT?!" I shouted. I jumped and spun Peggy around in a sort of happy dance, squealing loudly.
"SHUT IT!" An old lady yelled, glaring at me.
"Oops-uh, sorry!" I quickly acted more ladylike. Peggy snickered. I elbowed her.
"Okay, but how do you forget something like that?" She asked me while we were walking back to her place.
"Honestly, I don't know. I think the author forgot about it." I said.
"Yeah," Peggy agreed, "she hasn't been writing much either." She rolled her eyes.
"Well, She said she's gonna try to write more. Let's hope she does, because I literally cannot wait to see John!"
"Ugh, don't go all Eliza on me, I can't strangle two people at the same time!" We laughed and joked as we walked back to Peggy's cozy apartment. She wanted me to stay the night in case I needed anything. Oh, Peggy is the sweetest. I thought about John, and how I would continue my life here as I snuggled into soft blankets. I would painfully miss my old home, with work, my friends, family, and modern life, but this is where I belonged. I finally, truly, felt peaceful and at home.
Oh, I just can't wait to see John.