Chapter 13

Y/n's POV

            The world around me faded away. All I can hear is my heart pounding in my ears and my heart fluttering. Is it really him? It is. I could see the shadow of doubt on his face while we locked eyes, but it melted away as I started walking towards him, my pace getting faster and faster until we were sprinting towards each other. I faithfully leaped into John's arms, hot tears were falling, and I was smiling so much my face hurt. He gently set me down, hands on my waist. I was savoring his handsome features, his freckles scattered across his face like stars, his scent, his curly hair tied into a messy ponytail, until I couldn't stand us being apart for a second longer. We shared a long, passionate kiss until Hercules cleared his throat behind us, snapping me back to reality. Herc had his arm around Dia, Lafayette was mulling around, and Alex was searching for Eliza until Dia told him that she was at her home, and we would all go there with him.
"Ok, Alexander is going to explode if he isn't in Eliza's arms immediately, so we better get going," Dia said after a few moments, with a smile playing her lips. Alex pouted, and everyone started to walk.
        John turned to me while we walked and smiled charmingly.
"You look even more beautiful than I remember." He told me. I blushed and he continued, "Anything happens while I was away?"
We launched into conversation, and it felt as if we had never been apart. We talked about my job interview, about Charles Lee having a command over Alexander, and how-
"Lee was talking bad about the general, so I challenged him to a duel-"
"You WHAT?!" I interrupted, stopping in my tracks. I completely forgot about the duel. Even though I knew he wouldn't get hurt, at least not in this one, I still didn't want him to duel at all. I smacked him with my handbag and he chuckled, "it's ok! Nothing happened! Well, Lee got shot, but... ah." He trailed off while I glared at him.
"Just... don't ever duel again. Please. It's idiotic." I said and continued walking. I never understand how much "honor" means to a man in the late 1700s.
"Ok, I won't. Promise." John smiled at me and I could help but grin.
                *                     *                   *
   Time skip bc the author is lazyyy
               *                  *               *
Alexander ran/walked ahead of us to Eliza's place and stood by the door impatiently tapping his foot until he gave up waiting for us and knocked. The door opened, we heard a scream from Eliza, and she knocked Alex to the floor with her kisses, followed by Angelica rolling her eyes at the couple making out on the floor. She invited us inside. Peggy got up from Eliza's dining table, which was covered in wedding decoration samples, tea, and biscuits. Her eyes visibly flickered from me to John, then back to me. She pumped her eyebrows twice and winked, smirking. She's lucky she's too far away for me to slap. I felt John's arm snake around my waist and I turned to face him. God, he's so cute. I still couldn't believe that he was here with me, after what felt like an eternity. I stepped a little closer and stood in my tip-toes to kiss him. He smiled and I giggled.
"what on earth are you looking for, Laf?" Hercules asked while Lafayette was climbing on the counter, looking through the top cabinets. Finally, he emerged holding a slightly dusty bottle of champagne.
"this is a celebration, no?" Laf asked, smiling. Peggy walked over to him and tried to reach the wine glasses, but she was too short. Laf held her by the waist and lifted her up so she could grab them, and he gently set her back down. They locked eyes with each other for a moment, then looked away, both blushed and starting to clumsily fill the glasses. Everyone was soon holding a glass full of Champagne, and Eliza, who I didn't notice walk back inside, rushed over to Peggy and started chatting about her adorable encounter with Lafayette. I leaned over to John, smiling,
"They would make such a cute couple, don't you think?" I said. John nodded,
"Absolutely." He chuckled, "Laf is so flustered." we shared a laugh, looking at Lafayette, who still was pink in the face and sneaking glances at a blushing Peggy, who was smacking both of her laughing sisters in turn with a handbag. The atmosphere was perfect, the bubbly laughter, drinks, and loved ones surrounding me. Suddenly John tapped his glass with a butter knife.
"excuse me, everyone, but I would like to say a few words." the chatter died down as everyone's attention turned to John. "As I never got to do this in person, I want to ask you now." he turned to face me and I saw a small black box in his hand as he got down on one knee. Is this really happening right now?
"y/n l/n, I love you, and ever since the first night we met, I felt that I never wanted to leave your side. Will you m-"
"YES!" I knew my answer to this a long time ago. I knocked John over with my hug and kissed him, both of us laughing. Everyone behind us clapped and toasted,                                                       "to couples that can't control themselves!" from Peggy. When John and I finally resurfaced and broke apart, I told him, "I wrote my answer to you a bit ago, but I assume it didn't make it in time. I really hope I didn't cause you to worry." He smiled and looked a little relieved,

"Don't worry, I didn't stress over it." He replied. Alexander sputtered behind us,

"Didn't stress over it?! Oh, come on! You were talking all the time about, 'oh, I hope y/n got my letter, did she lose it? Is postage late? It's never taken this long before, is she avoiding m-" John walked over to Alex, turned him around and pushed him gently into Eliza's embrace.

"There we go. Nothing over here." John said, walking back over to me. I laughed,

"Aw, that's so sweet! You were worried...you were talking about me all the time, weren't you?" I teased. He blushed and put his hands back on my waist.

"I'm just so happy to have you back in my arms."
We locked eyes.
"Me too"

Ugh, I'm so sorry I'm taking f o r e v e r To write, but I hope you like this :)
Again, this is so fun to write! Why I don't do it more is a mystery.
Anyway, WE HAVE A LOT OF READERS! Wowza! I appreciate the feedback a lot, u guys are so nice <3

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3