COLBY

I didn't see sam at all today after the incident. I felt everyone staring at me though. I heard their whispers.

They kissed!

OMG lucky!

They are perfect!

Best couple ever!!!

The thing people don't understand is WE AREN'T DATING! I barely know Sam and yet WE KISSED!!!

I sighed as the last bell rang and the class flooded out the door. I walked down the hall to the gates and as I walked people made a path for me, whispering.

I sped up and looked down. I walked faster until...

BAM (no not a new POV)

...I hit someone and fell. I looked up and saw Sam. Fuck. I got up and scrambled to get my stuff. I got up and ran off. I got home and saw my mom. "Hi honey how are you?" I felt my lip quiver and felt tears.

Drip.

Drop.

Drip.

Drop.

I felt all the sobs fall. I collapse and my mom helped me up. "What's wrong?" She asked.

I explained EVERYTHING like I told you, I tell my mom everything.

SAM

I bumped into someone. Colby. I grabbed my stuff and ran to my house. I got in the door and ran to my room making sure to lock it. I sighed and sat on my bed. Crying. I looked out the window and saw Colby and his mom talking. Colby looked like he was crying earlier.

He soon pointed to my room and I looked away. I looked at my giant mirror and saw his mom looking at me. I turned my head around and we made eye contact. She looked worried. Sad. Confused.

Why?

COLBY

I walked to my room with my mom and explained everything. I told her about how I saw Sam cutting and how we ACCIDENTALLY kissed. Though I would KILL to kiss Sam again.

I pointed to the window and my mom listened while looking at Sam's window.

I told her as much as I know and eventually she had to leave. I stared at Sam through the window. Sam was looking at a blade. I felt tears fall. I thought Sam was going to cut. But then the blade goes flying through the room and Sam starts crying.

Sam sits on the pastel pink sheets and cries. Tear after tear. I'm crying too. Why would Sam cut?

Why?

Why?

Why?

Sam looks up an makes eye contact with me. Soon the pink curtains close.

Why?

Why?

Why?

The curtain blows a little bit open to see Sam looking at the silver razor.

Why?

Why?

Why?

I see as the razor falls.

Sam sits crying. The razor on the ground. Next to a crying Sam.

Why?

Why?

Why.

SAM

I can't.

Why?

Why can't I cut. I just can't.

Why?

Why can't I help but cry.

Why?

Why can't I just love who I want?

I don't know. I look up an see Colby crying. I get up and close the curtains. I grab the razor. I look at the silver object and drop it.

Why?

I sit and cry.

Why?

Why does this has to happen to me.