Chapter 2

Canada's pov

"I think we can all agree that America is the most violent country here! I mean did we all just forget what he did to Japan?!"
After hearing that, I tore my gaze away from America and stared at China in disbelief. How could he just bring that up?! Whenever the date of when Nagasaki and Hiroshima were bombed, America always comes to me in tears. Saying how he regrets everything and wished he could take it back.

Although as much as I hate to admit it, I think China did say something that a lot of nations thought. That just made me more angry... Just when I was about to go off at them, I saw America run out of the room. I tried calling him back but he ignored me. I waited a minute, but eventually went after him myself. When I jumped out of my seat, I heard everyone whispering around me.

"How long as he been there?"

"Is that America? I thought he just ran out?"

"What was that noise?"

"Wait who even is that person?"

I felt my left eye twitch almost uncontrollably as I heard this. Even if screamed what my name was, nobody would care. They wouldn't even hear me. I exhaled loudly and rushed out of the room, slamming the door behind me. Knowing America, he probably went outside. My guess was correct as I open the entrance door and saw him curled up on the ground a few meters away. His back was facing me so I tried my best not to scare him. Although he still jumped when I tapped his shoulder.

He turned his head to look at me and the first thing I saw was the stream of blood pouring down his face. I gasped and pulled him into an embrace. The silence was broken in seconds as America began sobbing loudly.

"It's okay... It's okay... I'm right here..." I tried to clam him down, but he just cried harder.

"Canada why?! Why does this always happen to me?! Why does everyone hate me?! Do I deserve this?!!"

"No!" I didn't mean to raise my voice so much, but it breaks my heart seeing him like this.

"No... you don't deserve this. They don't understand." America's sobs eventually turned into soft cries and whimpers. I just rubbed his back and kept saying as many comforting things as I could think of. After a few minutes, he went completely quiet. I looked down to see that he had fallen asleep. I sighed and examined the cut on his head. It wasn't that deep, it was just where it was that made it bleed so heavily. So much of the snow around us was just red slush at this point. I gently kissed the side of face before lifting him up. We were closer to my place so I'll just bring him there.

"Don't worry... Your pain will end. One way or another."