Chapter 11

Before Canada could reach for his knife, he felt the pain of something jagged hit his head. The moment France struck Canada with the rock, America grabbed his own knife and stood up. Though he wasn't able to get far before England firmly grasped his leg and pulled him down, making him fall on his face. While Canada was on the ground clutching his head, France took both his arms and held them behind his back. He didn't fight to get away though, instead sat there dazed. America wasn't much different. As England held both his wrists, America barley moved. England was worried that he had gone unconscious, but he was still making noises so it reassured him.

"I don't know what's going through your mind right now. But you have to stop! Do you even realize what's you've done?!" England said loudly, trying to get America to show any sign that's he's paying attention.

"Canada, can you even hear me?! You've completely lost it! This isn't you, I know it isn't!!" France shouted as he failed to hold back his tears again. Canada's eyes were only half open, and his vision was beyond blurry.
America closed his eyes for a moment and tried to listen to the voices echoing in his head.

"Come on the knife is right there. Finish the job!"

"Don't listen to him! What you're doing is right!"

"It's not though is it?"

"No, that's wrong! Don't you want to be remember like this?!"

"...Do you...?"

America's breathing quickened as he began arguing with himself over what was right and wrong. Certain voices were louder than others, but he hated all of them.

"Am I really insane?" he wondered as he looked up at England. He was talking, but all America could hear was ringing, and everything moved in slow motion. He finally managed to focus and see the scene in front of them both somewhat clearly. It horrified him as he looked at the bodies of people he knew. The worse part was, he remembered what happened. England stopped talking when he noticed how wide America's eyes were.

"H-hey... Are you okay?" he asked cautiously. The moment of silence was broken when America started screaming. England gasped as America pushed him off and started frantically trying to wipe the blood off of him. Also now aware of the pain that rushed through his body. France looked over, but then Canada started doing the same thing, followed by heavy sobbing. When America saw Canada, he got up and ran to him. He held him close despite Canada's efforts to push him off.

"Matthew I'm so sorry!! This all my fault!!!" America shouted with a broken voice as he held Canada tightly.

"Don't be! Don't be... I-I had I choice!" he replied. Canada kept whispering the words 'I had I choice' over and over again while his brother sobbed loudly. England and France watched heartbroken at the scene.

"W-what happened..?" asked a weak voice, almost not loud enough to hear. Canada looked up to see thatChina, along with the other nations, had begun to wake up. He was stunned, and didn't know what to do.

"Alfred wait..." Canada put his hand to America's lips to stop him crying just for a second. He looked over and gasped at what he saw.

"B-b-but... I-I killed you! All of you..." he trialed off as Canada whispered something to him, then he remembered. He had been so lost in his lust for vengeance that he had forgotten that he couldn't actually kill any of them. This just made him cry harder, realizing how he had really lost his mind. A minute or so had past before everyone else had became fully aware of what was happening. Although they still kept their distance from the two. Not being able to take it anymore, England and France both walked over and wrapped their arms around both Canada and America. It was obviously that the two were scared and ashamed of what they've done, but everyone had a hard time understanding why. They looked rather pleased while doing it. After a few minutes of not knowing what to do or say, America and Canada both went silent. Breathing, but unresponsive.