twentyfive/irl/

underline ~ interviewer

italics ~ elliot

monday may 14th 9:58 am est

elliot was a ball of nerves. she had checked in with the secretary and now sat in a rather uncomfortable chair. her toes were tapping restlessly on the floor, her eyes darting to the clock every few moments. 

"elliot bloom?

she looked to meet the eyes of a tall woman and forced her lips to curve into a confident looking smile. 

"follow me."

elliot stood up and followed the woman down a long hallway, and into her office. the sign on the door read "marie ramirez, editor in cheif." the taller woman sat down in her desk chair and elliot took the seat opposite her.

"i have to say it's so nice to finally meet you."

"you as well."

"elliot, my husband recommends one of his students to work for me every couple of years when i need a new assistant, and he said such amazing things about you when he had you in his class. from the work he's shown me, you're incredibly talented."

"thank you so much, mrs.ramirez. when professor ramirez called me yesterday and told me he was recommending me to come work for you i was so, so excited and humbled."

the woman gave her a smile, "just marie is fine. so, i'll see you at nine tomorrow morning?"

elliot's eyes widened in shock, "you don't have to ask me more questions or anything? not that i'm complaining."

the older woman chuckled at her response, "the interview is just a formality, my husband hasn't sent me a bad recommendation in 30 years, i don't expect him to fail me now. the job's yours."

a grin lit up her face, "thank you, so, so much. i'm so excited to work for you."

elliot got up to leave, the two women shooting each other one more smile before she exited the office. 

on her way out, elliot heard marie pick up the phone

"susan, where are we with the pratt interview? i want it posted within the hour."

this is it, this is the start, elliot thought, i'm going to be a writer.

she practically floated out of the office.