twentynine/irl/

italics ~ elliot

underline ~ marie

normal ~ mario

tuesday september 18th 10:19 am est

elliot smile never faltered as she made her way up to her boss's office. 

"good morning marie."

"morning elliot, you're especially chipper today."

"it's just a good day." she plopped down in the cushioned chair, crossing her legs and setting a coffee on her boss's desk. "so, what's happening today."

"i need you to check in with photography downstairs and make sure they're all ready, we have carter meade coming in today for an exclusive. Also, did you talk to charlie about moving up the deadline for his piece?"

"yeah, he said he'll have it on your desk by noon.  i'll go check in with mario now." 

elliot exited marie's office and went down the stairs to the main floor of the magazine's office. 

mario, the head photographer, had become one of her closest friends at work. he smiled as she strode into his studio, his music blasting as usual. 

"what's up buttercup?" 

"marie sent me down to check on your status." elliot's phone beeped in her pocket. "well, nevermind, you better be ready, he's here."

"can you just stand in front of the background for a second? i need to check the light."

"if you wanted me to model for you mario, you could've just asked.

elliot perched on the stool that was set out and the two conversed as mario took a picture, moved a light, and then took another picture about a million and a half times.

"ok, that's perfect," he said finally, pulling the camera off his neck.

"thank god, my cheeks hurt, man." mario rolled his eyes sarcastically in response, chucking a discarded beachball at his friend. she trapped the ball between her fingers, but not before it hit her nose, "i'm going to sue, that could've killed me." 

"good luck with that," he replied. elliot threw the ball back at mario, hoping to peg him, but he ducked out of the way at the last second. 

the ball did hit something else, rather someone else.