Workplace Visits

(I don't own artwork.)
________________________________

(Y/n's POV)

You we're currently in the car with your dad, Henry, driving to his workplace for a special visit today. You have always loved drawing pictures of cartoon characters since you were little.

Today was your (age) birthday today and your dad decided to take you to see how your favorite children's show that you have loved since you were little was created.

You were beyond excited, you were finally going to see how this popular children's cartoon that you and other kids loved is made. Ever since you were a little girl, you have always loved to watch your favorite cartoon show called, "Bendy and Friends".

You loved the characters, the artwork, and every story each character was put in.

But, your most favorite of all the characters in the show was Bendy, the Dancing Demon. You loved how his quirky and mischievous behavior always gets him in and out of any sticky situation.

You would sometimes dream of you and bendy dancing on stage, together, underneath the spotlight.

You were pulled out of your thoughts when you felt the car stop in front of the building. "Well y/n, here we are! Joey Drew's Studios. Are you excited?", your father, Henry asks you.

"Yep! I can't hardly wait!", you said happily.

Your father smiles at you and then you and him get out of the car and start to walk to the front doorway of the studio. Once you two walk inside, you see lots of posters promoting the show on the walls and paper strewn along the wooden floor.

You then see people walking around carrying papers in their hand and others working on sketching characters in other separate rooms.

"Wow, this place sure is busy!", you said. "Come y/n, I want you to meet some of my coworkers that I work with here.", your dad, Henry, says to you.

You grab you father's hand and the two of you walk to the music department of the studio. There you see an cranky old man and a pretty young woman talking to each other.

"Hey guys! I want you to meet my daughter, y/n.", Henry says to them.

The two turn around to look and both you and you dad. "Oh my stars! Why aren't you just the cutest little thing!? My names Susie!", the woman called Susie said while giving you a big welcoming hug.

"Susie, calm down before you choke the poor kid.", the cranky old man says to her, annoyed. Susie turns around to look at him and says, "Oh lighten up Sammy! I'm just saying hello to the young one.", Susie says, a bit annoyed at the old man called, "Sammy's" remark about her welcoming actions.

Sammy simply just rolled his eyes and said, "Whatever."

He then turned to you and said, "Names Sammy Lawrence. What's yours kid?" You looked up a bit nervously and said, "Y-y/n."

Your father then said, "It's y/n's birthday today and i brought her here with me to see how me and you guys animate and create the Bendy cartoons."

Susie then happily offered to show you around the studio, while Sammy just huffed and left to go and take care of some other business. You and Susie got to know each other during the whole entire tour around the building.

Suddenly, as you were walking forward and not looking at where you were going, you bumped into someone by accident.

"Hey! Watch it!", the person said annoyingly at you. You then get up slowly and apologized to the mysterious stranger.

You soon were shocked at who you actually bumped into. It was Joey Drew, the creator and founder of the studio. "I-I'm so sorry, mister!", you said in a shaky voice.

Just before Joey was about to say something back, the two of you heard Henry coming down the hall towards you. "Y/n there you are! I was looking all over for you! Thank goodness you're ok!", your father said relived.

He then saw Joey behind you and said, "Oh Joey! I didn't see you there. How've you've been old pal?", Henry said happily at his boss. Joey didn't look too happy and simply said, with his voice growing more angry, "Keep an better eye on you're child, Stein! I don't want them interfering with my personal work. Got it!?!" Henry, scared at his friend's increased hostility, just agreed with him.

Joey then left the room after that, but not before looking at you one last time. "Alright y/n, I have to go and finish up a few things I need to work on here. So I want to to go into the projector room and stay in there until I get back, ok?", your father says to you. "Ok, dad!", you said happily and put a smile on your face.

Your father smiled back too and then walk the direction to his workplace to go and finish his stuff. As you were walking down the hallway, you couldn't get rid of this strange feeling when you first met mister drew.

'I wonder what that was all about?', but you decided not to think anymore of this and started to headed down towards the projector room.