ch.13

"Are you in?" Adeline asked,crossing her arms.

Everyone in the room got quiet. Shocked at the proposition. Now all eyes were on Theo. Emersyn and Zander were looking at her as if she was crazy.  Theo on the other hand was going crazy. Should he? Should he partner up with Adeline to take down his psycho girlfriend. But at the same time should he partner up with his ex to take down his pregnant girlfriend? What if Adeline lost? The consequences to the both of them would be horrible. But for some reason he blurted out,

"I'm in."

Adeline nodded her head,

"You do understand what you are doing. Right?" Emersyn asked, not fully trusting Theo just yet.

"Everything and anything that I think we can use against her I tell you." Theo guessed.

"Proof. We need proof. No matter what you tell them they wont believe you without proof...you're basically kind of like James Bond..." Zander noted.

"Just a downgraded version." Emersyn muttered to herself.

Theo nodded his head,

"I'm guessing we can't meet in public anymore? Serena would notice something." Theo guessed.

"Obviously. Look, you can't screw this up. If she finds out we might as well lose the case. Are you sure you want in?" Adeline asked, making sure he knew what he was doing.

"I'm sure. I'm in."

Adeline nodded her head, and walked out the room with her friends following her. Leaving Theo alone to ponder on his decision. 

Adeline walked down the hallway only to have Zander and Emersyn grab her and drag her to another  lounge area.

"Are you out of your mind?" Emersyn asked.

"About?"

"Do you have any idea of the re-precautions that could happen if Serena were to figure out about all of this?" Dan asked. 

"I know, but guys we need more proof then our own words to prove that Serena is a crazy person. Do you have any idea of what her reaction would be once Theo admits stuff about her?" Adeline asked.

"And what if he backs out of this, and in the end stabs us in the back?" Zander asked the one question everyone was wondering.

"Well... That's a risk we're going to have to take.." 

Before anyone else could ask, all of their pagers started going crazy. They all looked down and started sprinting down the hall to the Peds Hallway. It was Kat, and she was crashing.

****

"Talk to us." Adeline called out to the nurse who was in charge.

"She started to have multiple seizures, and then all of a sudden she went into V-vib. " 

Then all of a sudden the chilling sound of the monitor showing she went flat-lined.

Adeline grabbed the paddles and placed them on Kat's chest.

"Clear!" 

She shocked her, and luckily Katerina was back. 

"What medications did you give her, and how long were her seizures?" Zander asked, as he immediately started to do a neuro check up.

The nurse explained everything, and Adeline kept an eye on the monitor. Katerina was too weak to go back into surgery, she needed at least 1 more day. But if there was something they missed, they would have no choice but to go in. So Adeline made an executive decision,

"I want new scans now. M.R.I., C.T., everything. As soon as we get those scans and give a green light we go in. I refuse to loose her." She announced, and the nurses and residents hurried off.

"Adeline why don't you go ahead. Get some food, and then come back. We'll take turns watching her." Zander said, with a reassuring smile. 

She nodded her head, and just as she was about to walk out of the room she froze. Her heart sank. Her skin went cold. At that moment she hated herself. How could she forget? This was the one day she swore to herself she would never forget.  Maybe due to today's events she just simply forgot. She then turned to her friends,

"It's today isn't it?" 

"Go get some food. Take a lunch break. We'll be okay." Emersyn replied, answering her question.

Adeline nodded her head, and walked away. 

*

As she was walking out of the hospital she was wondering what kind of flowers to get, what toy to buy. Should she buy some balloons or maybe a stuffed elephant? She hoped to know by the time she got to the store, but before she got on the elevator Theo called out for her.

"Hey! I heard about Kat, is everything okay? Does she need surgery?" 

"What?" Adeline asked, snapping out of her own thoughts.

"Is Kat okay? I heard about what happened to her today."

"Oh. She's fine for now. We are getting scans, and if everything looks good and we find the source of whatever is causing her seizure. Once we get a green light that her body can take it we'll go in."

"Great... Oh, sorry. We're you leaving?" Theo asked, confused as to why she was leaving in the afternoon.

"Yeah, Only for like an hour or two.. I'll be back. Kind of have an important thing to do." 

Theo nodded his head,

"Well, I'll see you later then? And thank you, for saving Kat. Again."

Adeline nodded her head, and the elevator doors opened. Theo started walking and Adeline started to walk in but stopped. She then called out to him,

"Would you like to meet him?"

Theo turned, confused.

"Meet who?"

"Our son. Would you like to meet him?" 

***

(Unedited)

Yo, I have no idea about all these medicine stuff. Not sure if any of this medical stuff is true, probably not. lol. Anywho I'll be updating slow cuz of school! But will try to update as much as i can.