Ch.20

Adeline took a deep breath and looked at the view in front of her. There she stood at her hospital's catwalk. Having a perfect view of the main floor and everyone there. It was somewhat pleasing to her. She was home. Everyday she would always do this. Look at her hard working family as they helped others with a proud smile. Doing this gave her the strength and determination to better herself and to do everything in her power to help others. She was at peace with everything. 

When she pulled away from the railing she turned and saw someone she didn't expect.

"What are you doing here?" Adeline asked.

"I..I came to check up on you. See if everything is going alright. By the looks of it, you weren't fazed by this whole lawsuit thing at all." Theo said, as he stuffed his hands in his pockets.

"Yeah, there are whispers here and there in the hospital but once they hear the truth they usually stop." Adeline reassured him.

The 2 were quiet, and Adeline brought up something that she knew Theo should hear.

"Thank you." Adeline spoke up,

"Thank you for all your help. I honestly don't think I would be here right now if you had not done the things you did." She admitted to him.

"I should be the one to thank you. Had you not told the court about the pregnancy, I would be stuck with a woman who isn't carrying my child and cheating behind my back." He then closed his eyes and bit his lip, realizing what he said.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. Damn, I didn't mean-"

"it's alright Theo. The past is in the past. We made a promise to our son. Right?"

Theo calmed down and nodded his head,

"Right. Of course."

The 2 then continued to walk down the hallway and then Theo brought up.

"Oh! Look I just want to say congrats to you and Zander. I didn't know you two were a thing. But it looks like he makes you happy, and I think that's all that matters."

Adeline was at first confused but then remembered and started laughing. She had completely forgotten about the whole act she and Zander had did for the cameras.

"What's so funny?" Theo asked, obviously confused.

"Zander and I aren't dating." Adeline said through her laughs.

"But I saw you two at the court house..." Theo started.

"Zander's gay. And he is happily in a 3 year relationship with an accountant named Jeremy. And they are probably the cutest couple out there. What you saw between me and Zander was a joke." She explained.

Theo was shocked at what he heard. He didn't see that coming.

"Oh! Well, I'm happy for him and Jeremy! And for you, I hope you're happy." Theo said truthfully.

Adeline smiled and nodded her head.

"I am. I'm really happy, content with my life." She whispered, looking outside.

The 2 were in a comfortable silence but it was cut short with Theo cursing. She turned her head to him confused but saw that he was staring at something behind her. She turned her head and couldn't help but roll her eyes.

There came Serena walking up to the 2. Her eyes red, hair crazy, and she was in her pajamas. She stopped at least 10 feet from them.

"Why are you here?" Adeline asked, as she crossed her arms. Annoyed at the fact that this woman still finds a way to insert herself into Adeline's life.

"The father to my child doesn't want to see me. My dad cut me off and kicked me out of the house. I have no money because of you!" She yelled at the 2.

"Did you really think lying about every aspect about your life would lead you to good things? You spent your entire life living off of dad's money and with this crown of arrogance on top of your head. And now that reality is finally hitting you, you blame everyone else but yourself." Adeline replied calmly.

"You ruined my life! I have to clean toilets! While I'm pregnant! I should sue you for that! Your the reason of causing endangerment to my baby!"

"How could you? Daddy's Lawyers want nothing to do with you? And quiet frankly, so does your father." Adeline added.

"You bitch! I had everything! I had the most perfect life! And then you come here and ruin it for me! I have nothing. Because of you. You took everything from me!" Serena yelled, flailing her arms around in anger.

People passing by stopped and looked at who was causing the commotion. Now Adeline felt that this conversation needed go die down. If more people saw this, there would be a new rumor going on about how she ruined the life of a pregnant lady and she doesn't need that right now.

"Serena. Not here. Let's go somewhere else." Theo said sternly seeing more and more people stoping and staring.

Serena chuckled like a maniac. She started walking in circles. Adeline looked at her confused. This girl really has lost it. Then she froze. Looking at the 2 with so much hate.

"Look at you. All happy. All nice to each other. Pretending to be friends over a dead baby, which is the most pathetic thing ever!"

Adeline took a step towards her but Theo grabbed her arm, stopping her.

"I would suggest you leave Serena." Adeline warned.

"Why because I'm speaking the truth?"

The 2 were quiet, and now all eyes were on Serena.

"I want to ruin you Fox. I want to destroy you." She hissed and reaches into her pocket.

"And that's what I'm going to do."

She pulled out a small pistol. And fired.